Ron Delta comedian

Can anyone remember Ron Delta the comedian.he was a regular around the club scene for many years.I once saw him at the Smithy Wood club he was on with Marti Caine he was a very funny if not a bit rude comedian,anyone know whats happend to him or if he is still around..

He was just as funny off as well as on stage he had a few drinks with my mates and I at the bar in the Baileys night club one night!.He had us in stitches when he had a few drinks he said "Watch this I,ll scare em!",he stood at the top of the wide stairway down to the stage.Then he threw himself tumbling over and over all the way down to the bottom,people rushed to help him,he stood up brushed himself down and walked back up to the bar without a mark on him!.Anyone else would have broken their neck,I never knew much about his later life but I remember that night alright,a funny guy!

He was just as funny off as well as on stage he had a few drinks with my mates and I at the bar in the Baileys night club one night!.He had us in stitches when he had a few drinks he said "Watch this I,ll scare em!",he stood at the top of the wide stairway down to the stage.Then he threw himself tumbling over and over all the way down to the bottom,people rushed to help him,he stood up brushed himself down and walked back up to the bar without a mark on him!.Anyone else would have broken their neck,I never knew much about his later life but I remember that night alright,a funny guy!

I think he was a mate of Tony White they seemed to be at the same gigs a lot.he really was a funny man I can never understand how he was not a lot more famous..

Ron Delta died penniless some years ago. I went to a benefit night at Dial House Club to raise money to bury him. There were acts like Bobby Knutt, Tony Capstick and Freddie and the Dreamers. At the end of the night they presented his widow with all the takings in a bag. Rumour has it that, although he was earning a fortune compared to most people in the 70s and 80s, he drank it away. Great shame but that's the way it often goes!

Ron Delta died penniless some years ago. I went to a benefit night at Dial House Club to raise money to bury him. There were acts like Bobby Knutt, Tony Capstick and Freddie and the Dreamers. At the end of the night they presented his widow with all the takings in a bag. Rumour has it that, although he was earning a fortune compared to most people in the 70s and 80s, he drank it away. Great shame but that's the way it often goes!

Last time I saw him,some years ago,he was blind and had to be led onto the stage to do his routine.Still,he just carried on like the old trooper he was.Good old stick was Ron.Last of a dying breed.

Just to clear things up Ron Delta didn't die penniless, nor was the fund raiser to bury him . I know because he was a very dear friend of my father Bobby who played the drums whilst Vera played piano

---------- Post added 18-04-2014 at 21:14 ----------

Ron wasn't quite penniless , and Pauline wasn't his wife

Ron used to do the Travellers on the Moor [when the Moor was the Moor] with Vera on the organ and I think Bobby on the Drums ,What a pub that was with the resident puffs behind the bar and a parrot or some kind of bird telling all and sundry to flick off.

Sheffield at its best .

Betty and Jim Punter was the landlady and landlord Henry was the myna bird who did have a very colourful vocabulary . Dad ( Bobby) played drums , Mum (Alice) worked the bar

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 20:50 ----------

Betty and Jim Punter was the landlady and landlord Henry was the myna bird who did have a very colourful vocabulary . Dad ( Bobby) played drums , Mum (Alice) worked the bar

To Silly it won't let me message you privately

Dad was Bobby Warner :) will keep posting till I can message you

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 20:51 ----------

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 20:50 ----------

To Silly it won't let me message you privately

Dad was Bobby Warner :) will keep posting till I can message you

Here is another , I remember being taken to the marples on a Saturday

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 20:52 ----------

The concert room was a happy place , I met lots of people , Bobby Knutt, Mart Caine , Paul Shane , just a few x

I used to go to the Marples a lot when my Mum played the piano with Bobby Warner in the 60s. At that time it was Bobby on the drums and Sheila on the piano. My then boyfriend and now husband and I used to sit drinking with Bobby and Ron and my Mum and dad.

Very funny and one of the bluest comedians around.

I worked with him many times, so many in fact that I knew most of his routines almost verbatim.

One evening, a concert chairman came in the dressing room and told Ron that there were a lot of children in this particular night, so he would have to tone it down. I remember thinking 'You'll be lucky mate', however Ron did two long sets that night and never swore or told a blue gag........and fetched the house down as usual. He was one of the cleverest funny men I ever met...... and I met a few. He was also a very accomplished sleight of hand conjurer too, although I never saw him work it on stage.

Remember him and he was good, but can anybody remember a coloured comedian called astor who appeared about the same time?