What effect will 10% housing benefit cut have on sheffield peeps?

They reason in my opinion these cuts are happening is, there is one hell of allot of people on these benefits who should not be claiming them, There are people in this country who are third generation unemployed who have never seriously looked for a job in there life,

Also how many of you have seen the blue badge brigade, to get one of those in overwhelming cases you have to be claiming the higher rate mobility (have great difficulty walking) yes youv'e seen them on double yellows, in car parks put the blue badge on the dash and march off like a good un, These are the people who are spoiling the British welfare state. and be it Tory or labour the cuts would still happen.

This is so true .A family member's partner has never worked, and openly admitts none of his family have ever worked they are benefit dependant.This has to stop it is not fair .Getting £20k + for doing nothing is wrong.

New proposal. With sheff already one of the less prosperous major northern cities, what effect would 10% less to spend have. Am thinking local economy could suffer.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 17:30 ----------

10% deduction or supplement on housing ben claimants only. Just add that!

Maybe it will force the able-bodied parasites, who sponge off the productive ones among us, to get off their arses and earn their own living. Governments and Councils don't produce wealth; entrepreneurs and hard workers do. Governments merely steal wealth from the pockets of those productive individuals and redistribute it to those who do not produce anything of value.

These days more than half of the average working person's earnings are taken in tax, either at source or VAT or other taxes. We are slaves to the Government. The non-workers are made dependent on benefits, like a druggie is dependent on heroine. Honestly, I wish people would break out of the mindset that Governments and Councils produce wealth. Every time a person bemoans cuts and calls for more Government cash, they are actually calling for more money to be snatched from the taxpayer, and from the entrepreneur who would otherwise use that money (THEIR money) to reinvest in more productive ventures. Please remember this.

Edited by Pablo123

Yes of course it will hit the local economy , the local pubs, off licences, cigarette vendors and betting shops will be left reeeling from the effects !:roll:

Maybe it will force the able-bodied parasites, who sponge off the productive ones among us, to get off their arses and earn their own living. Governments and Councils don't produce wealth; entrepreneurs and hard workers do. Governments merely steal wealth from the pockets of those productive individuals and redistribute it to those who do not produce anything of value.

These days more than half of the average working person's earnings are taken in tax, either at source or VAT or other taxes. We are slaves to the Government. The non-workers are made dependent on benefits, like a druggie is dependent on heroine. Honestly, I wish people would break out of the mindset that Governments and Councils produce wealth. Every time a person bemoans cuts and calls for more Government cash, they are actually calling for more money to be snatched from the taxpayer, and from the entrepreneur who would otherwise use that money (THEIR money) to reinvest in more productive ventures. Please remember this.

I pay my taxes, and am happy to do so. I don't want to see it wasted of course, but I am happy to see it go to individuals who are in need. If that means that occasionally some individual with no self respect, who knows how to work the system, gets lucky, then so be it. Rather that, than the draconian system where a lot of needy people suffer because of the few.

Council and government waste is endemic in the system and comes to billions of pounds that has nothing at all to do with benefit claimants, (tonight's 'Dispatches' programme 'How councils waste your millions,' was proof of that.) It is this waste, often a result of total incompetence, that needs to be looked at and stopped.

Leave the unfortunate benefit claimants alone and stop blaming them for everything.

i thought this thread was about.What effect will 10% housing benefit cut have on sheffield peeps?

not about the powers that be wasting money

i thought this thread was about.What effect will 10% housing benefit cut have on sheffield peeps?

not about the powers that be wasting money

Money wasted means less money available to be spent on essential services, hence the cuts.

I know its a crazy idea but could they try getting a job?

The massive increase in housing benefit claims is driven by working people whose incomes have fallen in real terms whilst their housing costs have risen in real terms.

A couple of years ago 97% of new claims for HB were from people in work.

Most people are unable to pay for their housing in this country now and the state pays the rent of many, setting minimum rents and in turn minimum house prices. The market is massively manipulated.

The state now intends to forcibly reduce people's income whilst keeping the cost of housing high.

The massive increase in housing benefit claims is driven by working people whose incomes have fallen in real terms whilst their housing costs have risen in real terms.

Most people are unable to pay for their housing in this country now

Most? Greater than 50% of people cannot afford their housing?

I work in education. The amount of "free school meals" children (mostly benefits claimants) who swan in with all the latest gear, get their free breakfast, their free lunch and free milk astounds me. As someone else said: the parents need to stop smoking 20 Marlboro a day and getting all the latest gadgets. Get off your backsides and earn some money. It's about time the scroungers were put in their place. I also find the correlation between "disability benefit" claimants (in some cases but not all) and scumminess to be astounding. "My back hurts, I'm too fat, throw money at me." **** off.

Most people are unable to pay for their housing in this country now and the state pays the rent of many, setting minimum rents and in turn minimum house prices. The market is massively manipulated.

The state now intends to forcibly reduce people's income whilst keeping the cost of housing high.

Less than half of properties in the uk are rented..even if all those that are were depending on HB ( which they aren't) then your "most people" above would still be wrong..

I work in education. The amount of "free school meals" children (mostly benefits claimants) who swan in with all the latest gear, get their free breakfast, their free lunch and free milk astounds me. As someone else said: the parents need to stop smoking 20 Marlboro a day and getting all the latest gadgets. Get off your backsides and earn some money. It's about time the scroungers were put in their place. I also find the correlation between "disability benefit" claimants (in some cases but not all) and scumminess to be astounding. "My back hurts, I'm too fat, throw money at me." **** off.

You're not a teacher are you. Classroom assistant or admin staff is my guess.

---------- Post added 07-07-2015 at 10:19 ----------

Less than half of properties in the uk are rented..even if all those that are were depending on HB ( which they aren't) then your "most people" above would still be wrong..

Of the 23.4 million homes (or households) in England and Wales on census day in March 2011, 15 million (64 per cent) were owner occupied and 8.3 million (36 per cent) were rented.

And

Of the 15 million owner occupied households, 7.2 million homes were owned outright while the remaining 7.8 million were being bought with a mortgage. Of the 8.3 million households renting, there were similar numbers renting privately to those renting from social landlords at 4.2 million and 4.1 million respectively. Among those households in socially rented homes, 2.2 million were renting from local authorities, and 1.9 million from other social landlords1.

So that's about 1/4 of homes in the UK that are simply owned outright. These people can most definitely afford their housing.

Of the rest, it seems unlikely that such a high percentage need state help as to tip the overall number of those needing help >50%

They should get a second job then

Quite right.

And if that's still not bringing in enough money, they should send their children out to work too.

There are plenty of chimneys that need sweeping.