What have the condems done for you

what good/bad things has the condems done for you personally/someone you know/or for the good of the country ?

They have kept Britain from having its credit rating down graded, one of the only major economies in the world to have done so. They have taken power during a troubling time and have done quite well (not very well).

Had Labour still been in power they would have continued to over inflate the public sector and continued to increase the already massive pensions burden that will damage our economy for decades.

Also, the increase in the basic tax level has put a few pounds in my pocket every month.

They have kept Britain from having its credit rating down graded, one of the only major economies in the world to have done so. They have taken power during a troubling time and have done quite well (not very well)..
so sending us into a double dip recession is doing quite well?

Guest sibon

Off the top of my head: Frozen my pay for what will probably be a decade. Increased VAT on most things that I buy. Allowed inflation to rise to 5%. Increased the price of most staple foodstuffs by 20%. Devalued our currency so that everything we buy costs more on a daily basis. Trebled University fees for my kids. Reduced my pension by about 20%. Increased my pension payments by 30%. Eroded my savings by printing money to support those who have over borrowed.

And they've just thrown the economy into a double dipper, so there is worse to come.

Still, at least they are clearing up the mess left by the last Government:rolleyes:

Forget all the stuff about paying down deficit etc... They will increase our debt and increase our deficit because they are following an experimental economic plan with no direct historical precedents. They will always be remembered for that, the destruction of the NHS, tuition fees, sleaze and anti-regional policies. Blimey, it feels pretty odd to reel off a list of nailed-on horrific outcomes like those for a 2 year old government. Not good.

But there is one thing the Coalition is doing that I'm hoping will work out - the simplification of the benefits system. Universal Credit has flaws but it's a real step forward compared to what we have now. I hope it works out.

Provided a source of comedy.

Stopped my girlfriend from becoming pregnant.

They have increased my personal tax allowance by quite a lot much more than liebour ever did.

Guest sibon
They have increased my personal tax allowance by quite a lot much more than liebour ever did.

Has your improved tax allowance outweighed the extra that you pay for petrol or bus/taxi fares?

The massive increase in fuel prices is a direct consequence of Government policy.

Has your improved tax allowance outweighed the extra that you pay for petrol or bus/taxi fares?

The massive increase in fuel prices is a direct consequence of Government policy.

just about,dont forget it was liebour who introdced the fuel tax escalator,funny how some people have short memories isnt it.;)