Asda Handsworth Complaint - Alcohol Sales - new over 25 rule

Probalby because her supervisor or whoever had been drilling into everyone the new policy, and she was thinking of her job. If said supervisor then suggested it would be resonable to serve you, and you were about to make a stink if she didn't, well, what would most people do?

The supervisor didn't say it would be reasonable to serve me. She told the cashier that it was up to her own personal judgement if she served me or not. I made a stink after the supervisor walked off.

I wouldn't go anywhere without my I.D

What if you were mugged, and you were knocked out. No-one would know who you were.

Its sensible to carry I.D

I carry ID. I carry things with my name, address and place of work. The only thing I don't carry is photographic ID. The only photographic ID I have is my passport, and I can't justify carrying that around to go to Asda

I know hansworth have had mystery shoppers under 18 with beards,he was served at least twice,when this happens the store is in for the high jump, as is the cashier.You cant blame the cashiers for being over protective,although it does sound like some innocent off the cuffs remarks didnt help the situation.

Keep up! Asda have banned bearded people from buying canned beers as, if they get the ring pull caught in their facial hair, they can do themselves an injury and sue the supermarket for not warning them of the dangers.

Somedays i read posts like this and feel that there are so many more important issue's to worry about...

Very true Kieran. There are a lot more important things in the world to worry about.

However, the whole idea of this forum, and forums as a whole, is to be a place where all issues can be discussed.

Threads can be about the best way to deal with a neighbour who makes too much noise, or how to end global warming.

It's a place for discussion, and to raise issues that are affecting individuals.

Supermarkets have been asking for ID for years and have always been able to refuse to serve anyone. I also know that checkout staff, if a customer really hacks them off by being rude or arrogant, will sometimes ask for ID just to give them a taste of their own medicine.

I wouldnt go anywhere without my ID just incase I'm attacked by a dwarf with leg-cutting-off impulses and because I couldn't drag myself to safety a pigeon flies into my mouth and bites my tongue leaving me unable to speak properly and for another completely improbable reason I have no hands.

Oh, and I'm unconcious too...

Someone would need to know the legless, handless, mute freak was and where they could drop me off...

These things concern me on a daily basis!

Keep up! Asda have banned bearded people from buying canned beers as, if they get the ring pull caught in their facial hair, they can do themselves an injury and sue the supermarket for not warning them of the dangers.

Hey you jest,you wouldnt believe some of the stuff people come up with.....:D

How hard is it to start carrying ID with you next you go? Stop whining.

The cashier is right, you are wrong.

Fair enough. I always got told not to back down when asking for ID, but then we never had an optional over 25 policy. It would be more reasonable that if they are going to bring in this policy it is enforced consistently.

Personally if I know somewhere I shop ask me for ID, I either take my ID, or go elsewhere if I don't have it on me. I'd rather get ID'd and have to go elsewhere/come back than think underaged kids are going to be served alcohol.

I carry ID. I carry things with my name, address and place of work. The only thing I don't carry is photographic ID. The only photographic ID I have is my passport, and I can't justify carrying that around to go to Asda

That's your choice, if you want some booze next time take it. Its not heavy. If not then stop complaining.

How hard is it to start carrying ID with you next you go? Stop whining.

The cashier is right, you are wrong.

The cashier is right, the company is wrong. I am not wrong. It is in no way hard to carry ID with me. But should I carry my passport with me to work when I leave home at 6am, just in the off chance that I fancy a bottle of wine on my way home at 6pm??

As I've said previously, the only photographic ID I have is my passport.

I currently have my passport at home, but have been considering keeping this at my bank deposit box. How does this then work? Do I have to then visit my bank to retrieve my passport to go to my local Asda, just because the training and policies they have are so inconsistent?

How could I have been shopping there for 3 years and then suddenly have this process begin?

I was IDed in Asda and I am in my 50s. I just burst out laughing and told the cashier how flattered I was that she thought I was underage. She laughed as well (I think it was the gray hair that gave it away!!) and sold me the wine.