Pets put to sleep at vets

It costs us £80 if we have to have anything put to sleep as well - just the same as you guys.

And if ever we do have to have one put to sleep - we are heartbroken too. To think its almost reached safety - and then for some sad reason - it couldn't quite make it.

I think its horses that can't be buried in the garden / land anymore due to poisoning the land and it running into the water system - i think dogs and cats are ok as long as buried deep enough.

It is so sad isn't it - but I know that there is no such thing as dumping on a council dump. They are american. All councils would dispose of the waste properly by law and I would assume - someone correct me if i am wrong - they too would ensure that they were cremated.

Thank you for all your replies. I had my lovely dog put to sleep yesterday, she was 15 yrs old and very ill. I had the vet come to my home as thought it was too stressful to take her to the vets (she always hated going there). The guy from PCS came to pick her up about an hour later and then today he delivered her ashes back in a lovely little wooden box with her name on it.

It was very upsetting but at least there was a little dignity about the whole thing.

Thank you for all your replies. I had my lovely dog put to sleep yesterday, she was 15 yrs old and very ill. I had the vet come to my home as thought it was too stressful to take her to the vets (she always hated going there). The guy from PCS came to pick her up about an hour later and then today he delivered her ashes back in a lovely little wooden box with her name on it.

It was very upsetting but at least there was a little dignity about the whole thing.

I'm very sorry to read about your dog :sad: it does sound as if you did the very best for her at the end, it sounds very peaceful.

Hope that you won't be too sad for too long x