Burgoyne Rd School 1950-1960

Any one out there go to Burgoyne Rd school 1950-1960!

And remembers Pop Morris,Bill Simmonds,Mrs Millhouse,Tom Davy, MR Plough,Philip Cohen was the head master

I would like to hear from you.

Dave

And remembers Pop Morris,Bill Simmonds,Mrs Millhouse,Tom Davy, MR Plough,Philip Cohen was the head master

Dave

I attened from 1960-66. I remeber cohen, simmonds and tom davy (he was a top bloke, too nice to be a teacher), I also remember an old battleaxe called Mrs Clarke and a god botherer called miss penrose

jose loy (then) remembers all the names you mentioned. Do you remember Eileen Crapper and Vera Woodward?

The name jose loy doesn't ring any bells but if she left in 1959 I wasn't there until sept 1960. Here's a few more names from that era: Mrs Wilson (reception class), Miss Ling, Mrs Nicholson & Mrs Lowrie (Lowey?). Mr Cohen was a little hitler, but he would put the fear of god up anybody when he strode past with his immaculately clean & squeaky shoes. The house names were Drake, Raleigh, Grenville & Hawkins (don't ask me to match the names to the colours!), I lived locally the next street on from the school on Hoole St.

Dave

Yes i remember all of them.

The name jose loy doesn't ring any bells but if she left in 1959 I wasn't there until sept 1960. Here's a few more names from that era: Mrs Wilson (reception class), Miss Ling, Mrs Nicholson & Mrs Lowrie (Lowey?). Mr Cohen was a little hitler, but he would put the fear of god up anybody when he strode past with his immaculately clean & squeaky shoes. The house names were Drake, Raleigh, Grenville & Hawkins (don't ask me to match the names to the colours!), I lived locally the next street on from the school on Hoole St.

I lived on Hoole street I started 1958 left when I was 15 1964

Edited by Linsdijan
Put wrong date

I was at Burgoyne Road School 1950-58.

Miss Clements J1

Miss Fox (Sheldon) J2

Mr Stevens J3

Tom Davey J4

Miss Millhouse S1

Pop Morris S2

Bill Simmonds S3/4.

I started school there in September 1956 but left in 1958 when I moved from Tennyson Road to Crookes and went to Western Road Infants school. I can't remember any of my teachers at either school but I well remember the head teachers, Miss Lowey (spelt Louis ?) & then Miss Green at Western Road, two formidable ladies.

Miss Lowey lived at Crookes on Stannington View Road, she used to walk down to Burgoyne Road school and back, and that is one very steep climb to be doing every day.

I remember Mr. Cohen, Headmaster - he was strict but fair and was very well respected by all. He was kind enough to give his time and guidance to me which I will always appreciate and will remember him with kindness. I would not have had the success I have today without his help.

Pete R I was at Burgoyne road school around same time as you my name is or was Lynn Reynolds I have a sister Vanessa do you remember mr Morris's he had a blind son I remember most of names you mentioned.

---------- Post added 15-07-2016 at 09:14 ----------

Pete R what is your surname

---------- Post added 15-07-2016 at 09:18 ----------

Pete R I was at Burgoyne road school around same time as you my name is or was Lynn Reynolds I have a sister Vanessa do you remember mr Morris's he had a blind son I remember most of names you mentioned.

Dave

Hi

I went to Burgoyne Rd School from 1952 to 1962 and remember all the teachers you mention.

I remember going on a coach trip (sometime back in 58/60) from the school to Cleethorpes I think it was, although I attended Walkley County school.