Which was the first pub you ever got served in!!

As part of my research I thought it would be interesting to hear peoples memories of that glorious moment when you walk in a pub and get successfully order an alcoholic drink for the first time! In my case it was The Globe one month before my 16th birthday. It was also the only time I visited the pub when it was in its original 4 room configuration. I had a pint of Stones and it went down well!

In the Norfolk at the bottom of Dixon Lane, I was just 16, I got took by a load of older lads from work:hihi:

I had 3 pints of Bitter, I was absolutely bladdered:confused:.

The start of a very illustrious drinking career.

In the Norfolk at the bottom of Dixon Lane, I was just 16, I got took by a load of older lads from work:hihi:

I had 3 pints of Bitter, I was absolutely bladdered:confused:.

The start of a very illustrious drinking career.

Pissartist Laureat eh? LOL

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 13:51 ----------

Atlas Hotel Brinsworth, at about 14 or 15 not sure, but I was a big lad and already shaving daily lol. The Atlas was a rarity in those days '59/'60 as it was a free house, not too many around then. My first pint was Youngers at 1/4d tap room price, after a week or two changed to Stones as my regular bitter, but tried them all at some time or another. Still meeting up with my mates from the early days in the Atlas up to about 10 years ago. It is no longer there alas, like most of my favourite pubs of yesteryear.

The Claymore Arundel Gate. I was only just 16 years old and a few of us used to go in during our work lunch hour.

Sportsman Inn at Crosspool when Ernest Blenkinsop was Mein Host.I was about 16 at the time but remember a sporting plaque saying The Pride of Cudworth which featured Blenkinsop and Dorothy Hyman.

For me it was The Elephant in Fitzalan Square, following an afternoon at the flicks next door at the Odeon (just 15yrs old though).:roll:

Hawk n Dove (15years old). A pint of Wards. A fine moment indeed, wiping that thick smooth head off the 3 hairs on my top lip.:D Manhood had finally arrived.:hihi:

I think it's within the Sheffield Boundary- the Fox House Inn. I was 15 and there was just me and a friend as customers one lunchtime. I think it cost 2/4d a pint. The landlord sat with us and enjoyed a pint too. If the Fox House Inn isn't within the city boundary then it was the Buccaneer a few months later when I was still fifteen.

The Milton on Milton Street ,any one got a photo of the pub please.

first legal pint was from The Sportsman at Stannington on my 18th birthday

I was born in the house next door... couldn't have really been anywhere else!

all those years ago alcohol didn't carry the stigma it does these days, as a kid we used to hang around on the sportsman's car park & when a punter left dregs in their pint pot, we'd all race to get it... we could have caught owt

as a 13 or 14 year old me mum used to buy me half a bitter from the Yorkshire Bridge after she'd dropped me brother off at the golf club in Bamford, for his weekly golf lessons

first ever alcohol? no recollection

first time I actually got served? 15 years old at the Shoulder of Mutton at Worrall (during a school dinner time visit)

Edited by dars35