Bridge Inn, Meadowhall Rd, Closed pub c2007

Does anyone have any memories/ pics/ info to share on this place? I think it shut around 2007 and at some point in the 1990s it was used by David Bellamy on a TV show! It has now been demolished!

I spent a lot of time in this pub. My dad owned the bookies next door. It must be at least 25 years since it was demolished.

Does anyone have any memories/ pics/ info to share on this place? I think it shut around 2007 and at some point in the 1990s it was used by David Bellamy on a TV show! It has now been demolished!

I used the pub when Georgie Powell had it a smashing bloke ! David Bellamy was down there because a huge fig tree was growing on the river don bank beside the pub probley still there today once went in and the pop group ABC were in there not sure if one of them was related to George . last saw George around 25 years ago in Rotherham pubs now gone cast into the history books another pub across rd was fox and grapes I think .

---------------

Use to go in the Bridge Inn pub in the 60s, then onto the crown pub,

there was a pub at bottom of Jenkin Rd on corner can't remember

the name.

To see a photo of The Bridge Inn go to: Britainfromabove.org.uk then register and sign in. If you don't register you will not be able to do the next step.

In the search box type:EPW007787. Press search and an aerial photo of Brightside should appear. Use the magnifier to zoom in.

I think the only pub on Meadowhall Road now is the Crown, never went in the Bridge theirs a photo of the closed pub on Picture Sheffield.

I spent a lot of time in this pub. My dad owned the bookies next door. It must be at least 25 years since it was demolished.

Do you have any stories/ pictures/ info you could share with me for my book about Sheffield pubs? pm or email [email protected]

Thanks

jamie

The Bridge Inn was a Ward's house, and George, the landlord, kept the best pint of Wards ever' and I think that's why it was my cousin, Brian's local.

The fig tree is still there, sadly not the pub.

The pub at the bottom of Jenkin Road was the White Swan.

Edited by geotom

used to play football for bridge inn in late 60's early 70's, and drank in Swan also.

used to play football for bridge inn in late 60's early 70's, and drank in Swan also.

Nice one painter 63 welcome to the Forum !

the bridge was a wards house and the beer was well kept. George (judd) powell ran the pub with his wife and daughter june. he used to be a coal man before landlord and played football with my dad in local leagues in 1940/50s. in my day it was a three room pub with a snug just inside the door, a bar in the passage and a room on the right with a best! room on the left. it was done up in the 80,s I think and had two rooms with a central bar. the swan used to be run by my aunt and uncle in the 60,s, before that they ran the pheasant on meadowhall road and had a shop on the corner of sanderson road/jenkin road for years.