Thornebridge Grammar School

I started secondary modern in 1956,i dont think it was booth and fisher taking us to swimming baths,which were at Creswell,but yes it was a reasonably good school with good teachers with a few exceptions.

Palman you are right the swimming baths were at Creswell, did we have the swimming lessons at the senior school? I thought it was only at the juniors.

Did Booth & Fisher bring the pupils from Renishaw to to school each day?

I can only remember swimming lessons at senior school,there used to be several people from Renishaw attend the school but I think it was only for a year,I dont know who bussed them in,I was in class 1Y 2Y 3Y then 4X,in the Y forms I think Miss Rippeth,later Mrs Machin was form teacher,then Mr Burke in X form,or the other way round.

I was at Thornbridge Grammar from 1962 to 1969, Stephen Faben. Get in touch if there is a chance our paths crossed.

[Hi your right it was miss cox she had great pair of legs she must be at least 85 now wonder how they look now who was the big guy on the back row i remember him, i see your in tasmania i was down there in january on a cruise ship i live in newcastle nsw what is your name

[Hi your right it was miss cox she had great pair of legs she must be at least 85 now wonder how they look now who was the big guy on the back row i remember him, i see your in tasmania i was down there in january on a cruise ship i live in newcastle nsw what is your name

Hi Stephen,

The big guy in the back row was Mr Gould (see post #12). My name is Phil Geary. Looks like admin removed a couple of posts including the link to the photo. Wonder why? Hope you enjoyed what you saw of Tassie.

I was at Thornbridge 1982 to 1986 maiden name Rachel Stones  I have two older brother also went to Thornbridge John and Aidan Stones.