House boarded up bottom of Meadowhead

When I fist came to Sheffield there was a rather large house on Chesterfield Road just below Graves Park that was all boarded up. I went past today and the same house is still boarded up. It must be at least 7 years since I saw it. Is there a tale to be told?

There's an abandoned house near me that I was interested in, so I looked at the land registry and the council website and was able to find out when it was last sold and what planning applications had been made for it, and why it had been left abandoned due to planning problems. You could try similar?

There's an abandoned house near me that I was interested in, so I looked at the land registry and the council website and was able to find out when it was last sold and what planning applications had been made for it, and why it had been left abandoned due to planning problems. You could try similar?

I don't want to buy it. I'm just curious as to why a rather expensive house has been boarded up for so long. I can't imagine the insides will have imporoved with the passing years or the plumbing for that matter.

Squat it!

Occupy Woodseats!

The house was left years ago by an alleged drug dealer who is now, I believe, doing time.

The house was left years ago by an alleged drug dealer who is now, I believe, doing time.

appolo domestics has bought it about 18 mths ago but when the windows got put through by idiots thinking it belonged to darren (who by the way is not inside for dealing or anything else by the way), the new owner just left the boards up. mystery solved !!!!!!!!!!!

the man you are reffering to no longer owns the house and has NEVER done time , he sold house to a man who has been trying for years to get planning permission to build flats there ,get your facts right before becoming judge and jury!!!!!!!

Wasn't there a post about this house a few months ago?

Wasn't there a post about this house a few months ago?

yes , people got facts wrong then and are doing it again, :rant:

the man you are reffering to no longer owns the house and has NEVER done time , he sold house to a man who has been trying for years to get planning permission to build flats there ,get your facts right before becoming judge and jury!!!!!!!

spot on !!

Judge and Jury?? :huh:

I stated clearly in my post (try reading it again) that I BELIEVED he was doing time. I never stated it as a FACT! Obviously I was wrong, and I'm so sorry if I caused you any upset :roll:

Now You try getting YOUR facts right :hihi:

Squat it!

Occupy Woodseats!

Shhhhhhhh................. dont tell swampy and co at the cathedral ......... they will be in there quicker than a rat up a drainpipe.