How to find casual work as an event steward

Hi,

can anyone point me in the right direction of finding some casual evening/weekend work as an event steward? I was thinking along the lines of football matches etc.

many thanks:)

You can apply for a steward’s job at Sheffield United’s ground, just pop into the main office and they will give you a form. The stewards there also give support for matches at Wednesday’s ground and sometimes the arena.

brilliant, thank you very much Taekwondo. I will pop over there and get a form sorted:)

when you say the main office do you mean going into the football ground's main office at Bramall lane?

I think theres a company called Grovsener Security in sheffield who cover at football grounds.

rock or was it rock steady use to do arena and vip football matches

rock or was it rock steady use to do arena and vip football matches

It was Rock Steady...

I've enquired at Bramall Lane and they said to send my CV across...

These may seem like odd quesitons... but does anyone know if they are likely to be in any way 'biased' if you have a very different 'day job', also I know they are not meant to dsicriminate but do they prefer the stewards to be male?

I've enquired at Bramall Lane and they said to send my CV across...

These may seem like odd quesitons... but does anyone know if they are likely to be in any way 'biased' if you have a very different 'day job', also I know they are not meant to dsicriminate but do they prefer the stewards to be male?

Dont think they will care what your day job is...

Ah that's good to know... you never know they may think I wouldn't be able to handle the crowds or summat :) plus being a woman of course :)

Currently Premier Security run the stewards for United and G4S at Wednesday, they also work at the arena on the bigger concerts. They employ men and women in the same way the Police force do. Send in your CV and they will get back to you.

My son has been working with them for a few seasons now.

thanks Taekwondo.

just need to jazz up my CV a bit as it's been years since I have worked with the 'general public'!:)