Which domain name sounds best?

Which domain name sounds/reads best?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which domain name sounds/reads best?

• goodcheapguitars.com
    • cheapguitarguide.com

I'm going through a phase I tend to go through with all my sites where I have second thoughts on the domain name. One of the factors is simply how it sounds/reads, so I appreciate your vote.

The strapline for the site is "the budget guitarist's shopping guide", and it brings together the top rated cheap guitars and guitar gear (amps, pedals etc.) available, offers sound and video clips, reviews and other info.

Thanks!

I'd do some keyword research first. On long tail keywords.

I think anything with 'cheap' in sounds cheap, but I could be horrifically wrong about putting a decent name over the word cheap!

Is this a practice that works?

I too would avoid the word cheap, affordable sounds much better without compromising on quality.

I know the sky is the limit for a lot of guitars, but the average first time buyer and second step buyers either will not or cannot afford a lot, so good guidance and reviews on the lower end of the market would be good.

Good luck with your venture, I will certainly keep an eye out for the website.

Edited by Sarkysod

I too would avoid the word cheap, affordable sounds much better without compromising on quality. Are you selling new budget guitars, pre owned or both?

I know the sky is the limit for a lot of pre owned guitars, but the average first time buyer and second step buyers either will not or cannot afford a lot.

Good luck with your venture, I will certainly keep an eye out for the website.

Cheers, well you can see the site in its infancy here.

The reason for using the word cheap is the main keyword for the site is "cheap guitar(s)". This keyword gets thousands of searches per month and I wanted to target those people who are specifically on a tight budget but don't want to sacrifice quality.

Is this going to be a micro-niche site or are you actually selling the products yourself?

I'd go for goodcheapguitars out of those two.

I hope you registered them both before starting this thread, otherwise you might have to think of some new ideas.

Is this going to be a micro-niche site or are you actually selling the products yourself?

Niche with the usual affiliate links and ads for revenue.

I have just had a look at the website, and the first thing I noticed is that it written for the American market. If your target audience is the U.S.A. then fine, but if it's the U.K. I know from experience the currency and U.S. English put a lot of the U.K. market off, resulting in a very high bounce back.

I have just had a look at the website, and the first thing I noticed is that it written for the American market. If your target audience is the U.S.A. then fine, but if it's the U.K. I know from experience the currency and U.S. English put a lot of the U.K. market off, resulting in a very high bounce back.

True. I was planning to take the top 3 countries from visitation stats (US, UK, Canada) and link to the best prices in those currencies. I'll probably take out any reference to dollars like on the homepage as well.

Is 'cheapguitars' not available? I imagine not! :)