Roadrunner at the Cricket Club Aston

..... The Roadrunner disco at Aston Cricket Club - late 60's, early 70's......

Think a guy called called Ray Banks from Swallownest used to run it.....

Yes I knew of Ray think I am not certain he may have died.

Sad if true, Desy.....

Had some great nights at Aston, even though it was "only" the local cricket club pavilion and clubhouse.

A further thought on Ray : think he used to work at a boutique on Chapel Walk for a while....

Flares, 'delic shirts and wide, wide ties era!

I was going to say I will ask his brother Nev but I did hear something had happened to him. But to confirm I will ask when I go in the social this weekend.

I got to know Ray through Nev when I once thought about about running a regular disco at the Welfare but he told me about the pitfalls working round the bingo they ran at that time.

Good kid , Good Laugh.

If you're a Swallownest lad Desy, maybe you'll remember some of the other lads around at the time?

Peter "Luce" Lockett : Melvyn "Bloggs" Harrison : John Draycott : Steve Aspinall......?

I only moved up here in 72 know faces and occasionally names but some don't match. Especially when you don't know who is related to whom.

take my word for it desy ive lived at swall for 30 years and i'm convinced everybody here is related. i go in sidalls(swallownest inn) and friday nights in the tap room is like a scene from deliverence i occasionally go in the welfare to see the bacca man and used to be a member of the social. the rosegarths not bad now the 2 lads who have got it now have cleaned it up.

It's Pete the blind man

Right I had to ask around a bit but Nev died last May (nice guy miss him). Ray was last heard of living out near Kivo with those long locks cut and bus driving.

Thanks, Desy.....

Locks cut and bus driving, huh?

Better than you thought, then!!

Yeh but some do like the living dead.

No a bit of light heartedness glad he is ok wouldn't mind seeing him again.:clap: