The beauty treatments megathread - do NOT advertise in here

Hi there,

Anyone know of any where near S5 or S6 that is reasonably priced and very good for having false nails done, probably silk wrap. Myself and the mother in law want them doing at the end of June.

Any recommendations would be great and any ideas of prices.

Thanks

Loops

i have had my nails done in many places for years,i know it may not be close for you but the best iv ever had is deffinatly at Twistys London Rd, very reasonable and worth traveling for

Angela at Reds hairdressers in Firth Park is excellent.

I have mine done at Preemo, Bradfield Road, Hillsborough, cant recommend the lady (Jo) Highly enough, brilliant job every time!

Thanks for the info everyone.

Dont mean to sound daft but what is the difference between acrylic, gel and silk wrap - what are the best and what costs are involved for each?

I've had mine done several times at several places but the ones I had done 2 weeks ago are by far the best & the cheapest. I asked why they are so cheap & it is purely because they are not on a main road.

The salon is Q's business on Far Lane, Wisewood. They do both but I woud advice acrylic as these are a lot stronger. It is £22 for either & only £12 for infills..

I have silk wrap extentions done by a fully qualified beautitian/nail teq she is mobile and will come to you.pm me for details/number. im very pleased with my nails shes been doing them for over a year now.very proffesional (trained at poseurs)she does a wide range of treatments...waxing..eyelash perming/tinting..foot/hand treatments...nail extentions and silk wrapping your own nails/extentions.full set of nails only £22 ...in the comfort of your own home.pm for further details

the BEST place to go in sheffield is

ILLUSIONZ

555 Attercliffe Road

0114 2618000

ask for Vinisha and tell her Martine sent you.

Ive been to many places for mine doing and ive found this to be the best place for price, quality, friendly staff, etc

go on, give them a call

can someone tell me a good nail technician i want them to come to my house or me go to them i don't mind

if your prepared to travel top nails on ecci rd do a good job and they only take about 45 mins.

heat salon just off division street do a good job and they last!!

does anybody else know anywhere