Sir Ivan Rogers Resigns.

Now Sir Ivan has bottled been one of our chief negotiators to get us out of the corrupt EU. Who should replace him.

I would put Nigel Farage in the job, let the sparks fly and battle commence.

No doubt it will be some limp lettuce, wishy washy civil servant who has never worked in his/her life.

Angel1.

Now Sir Ivan has bottled been one of our chief negotiators to get us out of the corrupt EU. Who should replace him.

No doubt it will be some limp lettuce, wishy washy civil servant who has never worked in his/her life.

Angel1.

You think it would be a good idea to put a blow hard who openly detests the eu and took time from his busy day to mock the eu parliament after the referendum, in charge of the most important negotiations this country has had to make since WW2.

I mean this sincerely - are you on crack?

Well,seeing as this guy has told the government that their Brexit policy is 'muddled',maybe said government will appoint somebody who will tell them what they want to hear instead.

They've appointed Sir Tim Barrow.

I've no idea who he is, but then again I didn't know the other chap. Should I? Faceless civil servants working behind the scenes should be just that shouldn't they?

What do you expect when the negotiations are being run, on our side, by a load of remainers. May is a remainer and the whole sorry mess starts there. This is what happens when you win the vote with a load of hyperbole, exaggerations and downright misdirection(lies)

She needs to grow a pair, get an idea of what she wants, get people around her who know the brief and try to get it.

We need a general election where the parties lay out what they intend and the public can make a real choice. Not all that nonsense that the Brexiters won on before.

What do you expect when the negotiations are being run, on our side, by a load of remainers. May is a remainer and the whole sorry mess starts there. This is what happens when you win the vote with a load of hyperbole, exaggerations and downright misdirection(lies)

She needs to grow a pair, get an idea of what she wants, get people around her who know the brief and try to get it.

We need a general election where the parties lay out what they intend and the public can make a real choice. Not all that nonsense that the Brexiters won on before.

They can't do that, both main parties will haemorage votes in all directions because both sets of voters are split. Key question May needs to answer is does she want the single market or not? Does big business want that? I don't think she will go for the free movement - she would be mad to. The rest of it will come in dribs and drabs after that really.

Without going too off topic, even if the political parties lay out a manifesto it is about as legally binding as the referendum was.

Angel1.

In ten years time the unflushable Farage will be held in the same regard as Lord Haw-Haw or Oswald Mosley,I would suggest charging this spam headed muppet with any responsibility in negotiations with The EU would be folly indeed.

Without going too off topic, even if the political parties lay out a manifesto it is about as legally binding as the referendum was.

Neither are legally binding.

But parties tend to stick to the election manifesto's, 75%+ as an average for all parties (I read it in an article). The Lib-Dems learned that even the appearance of breaking an election pledge can be disastrous.

Events can always derail some of the plans/promises but that doesn't wash more than a couple of times.

So, IMO, I think election manifesto's would be stuck to even though they would include guarded language about matters which they don't have ultimate control.

Neither are legally binding.

But parties tend to stick to the election manifesto's, 75%+ as an average for all parties (I read it in an article). The Lib-Dems learned that even the appearance of breaking an election pledge can be disastrous.

Events can always derail some of the plans/promises but that doesn't wash more than a couple of times.

Labour havnt kept an election pledge in over 5 years

Labour havnt kept an election pledge in over 5 years

Wot? - Gordon Bennett - whys that then?

Wots the bold got to do with your comment?

Wot? - Gordon Bennett - whys that then?

Wots the bold got to do with your comment?

Neither Labour or the Liberal Democrats have won a general election, so neither can fulfill their manifesto.