Android streaming boxes

I have been looking at the Android streaming boxes on E Bay and quite cheap, has anyone got one and are they any good? There are lots of different types, and prices obviously vary, is there things you should look out for and what should you avoid?

Some can be abit clunky or have a crap interface.

The Amazon ones are pretty good.

What is it you're wanting to stream?

It is just to put in the bedroom, not sure what you can stream on them will they stream mobdro and things like that? I use YouTube also my TV does not work with Channel 4 on demand so would want to stream those.

I have been looking at the Android streaming boxes on E Bay and quite cheap, has anyone got one and are they any good? There are lots of different types, and prices obviously vary, is there things you should look out for and what should you avoid?

Beware of some of the cheap ones as geared has said. A lot of them have older versions of Android although for streaming it would not matter too much and some are only dual core and have rubbish wireless. If you get one then get a quad core or higher and one with dual band wireless, but that would only be useful if the router is also dual band. Best way to stream would be through a fast Ethernet connection.

I have a Tronsmart MXIII, a bit old now but works well and I use Kodi on it for streaming all-sorts. Its also connected via HDMI to my AV amp and using Kodi with its audio pass through I can also get surround sound.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tronsmart-MXIII-Plus-Miracast-Streaming/dp/B016PN7KYE/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478096349&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=tronsmart+mxII

Oh right thanks, the ones I have seen were quad core. Unfortunately an Ethernet connection is not possible unless I use the extenders you plug into the mains which isn't worth it for the use it would get. I will just stick to using the TV in the bedroom for Freeview.

You may still be able to stream content by wi-fi if you can get a good signal but the quality would depend on how fast your broadband is more than anything.

3-4Mb is just about good enough to stream.

I went for the Nividia Shield in the end.

I never intended to use it for games, just streaming from my server. It runs Kodi, Plex and Emby without any problems. A bonus was it also streams games from the main PC if you have the right Nvidia Graphics... GTX750 upwards I think but double check that first if you'll use it.

Shop round for the deals thouigh as the remote is silly money if not included. Mine was about £125 with remote included for the 16GB one. Not the cheapest Android box by far but good build quality and hardware were my main reasons to buy.

I have the following android streaming box and it's the best one on the market if you ask me. It is able to run Kodi and all the other android streaming apps with no problem.

I love mine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B018TIZVYO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478111771&sr=1-2&pi=AC_SX280_SY350_QL65&keywords=minix+neo+u1&dpPl=1&dpID=41Tz6V0hpML&ref=plSrch

I have been told that the ZGEMMA box is very good any one got one of those ?

I have been told that the ZGEMMA box is very good any one got one of those ?

You need a satellite dish as well for those though.

Sorry wrong info as I see they also do IPTV ones, my son has one but its a freesat box.

Edited by apelike

I have Leelbox box of Amazon. Had it a few weeks great piece of kit. Even with my chit internet i dont get buffering if only me using it at the time. Best thing on it is Kodi.

You may still be able to stream content by wi-fi if you can get a good signal but the quality would depend on how fast your broadband is more than anything.

3-4Mb is just about good enough to stream.

I only get about 2MB although YouTube is not too bad on the TV, can watch without too much buffering.