Opening a restaurant

I am thinking about opening a restaurant what are the start up costs roughly for a business that holds 40 customers?

How much should I expect to invest?

Thanks

I am thinking about opening a restaurant what are the start up costs roughly for a business that holds 40 customers?

Thanks

If your business plan is being developed by asking questions on a forum, then I think you should expect to invest, and lose, every penny you have.

Hmmm, I had similar thought to the previous post. You should at least have a lot of experience as a professional chef in a commercial kitchen before even considering opening a restaurant. In addition to this you need a good business head on your shoulders. We can't even to being to comment when we don't know the property in mind, lease terms, investment needed to fit it out, cost of commercial kitchen equipment, number of staff required, your competitors, area you are opening in, type of cuisine etc, etc

You were asking about a website for your consultancy business not so long ago.

Hard work & expensive, the restaurant trade.

Hmmm, I had similar thought to the previous post. You should at least have a lot of experience as a professional chef in a commercial kitchen before even considering opening a restaurant. .

That's not strictly true. I know someone who opened a very successful restaurant and they can't cook toast. They had a wealth of experience running other businesses though.

---------- Post added 26-05-2016 at 17:31 ----------

Hard work & expensive, the restaurant trade.

This is bit is bang on though!

Why do people have to bring other posts into this? Have you nothing better to do than look through my posts and then make snotty comments about what I am trying to do.

Alot of people have been made redundant times are not easy.

I was asking on here for a starting point . However I notice the forum is not like what it used to be .

That's not strictly true. I know someone who opened a very successful restaurant and they can't cook toast. They had a wealth of experience running other businesses though.

---------- Post added 26-05-2016 at 17:31 ----------

This is bit is bang on though!

I agree its not strictly true in all cases but you can tell the OP has not got a clue about the trade or running a business. In this case I think my point still stands. It looks like the OP hasn't any manners either judging by their response. :hihi:

Tank123 - you asked for our help. If you don't want helpful answers then don't ask questions. You might as well have asked how long is a piece of string or how much is a car.....

If times are hard, even more reason to do proper market research and a business plan.

Edited by Chez2

Why do people have to bring other posts into this? Have you nothing better to do than look through my posts and then make snotty comments about what I am trying to do.

Alot of people have been made redundant times are not easy.

I was asking on here for a starting point . However I notice the forum is not like what it used to be .

You should have been able to come with Chez's list of costs yourself. Then you can attach a cost to them by getting prices for equipment, quotes for work, costs for rent and rates, staff costs etc

In addition to this, what is intended selling price point of your food? How much will the ingredients cost, how much will be wasted, what will the margin be? How many covers will you need to do daily for this margin need to provide enough money for profit after you have paid the overheads?

How much is your budget for sales and marketing?

How long have you allowed in the business plan to build trade up?

Thanks

I think that's like asking how longs a piece of string. Make sure you do a stringent business plan. If you are not sure how to do one, get an expert.

There are so so many issues that you need to consider before investing in any outlet.

Clearly opening within the city centre will be expensive but you're more likely to get more clientele.

Are you going to be multi-cultural or just simply main english - nowt wrong with that.

Are you gonna be an up-market place or a corner cafe?

What's going to be your operating hours?

Just a few of many items to consider.

Have you considered a franchise? May be cheaper to start up.

Another KFC or bigmac??

Tank what kind of restaurant are you wanting to open? Do you have any experience in restaurants ?