Where has the Oughtibridge Smiley/Frowning speed sign gone ?

Doe anyone know what`s happened to that speed sign in Oughtibridge ? The one which used to give the drivers speed then either smile or frown at them according to if they were sticking to the speed limit. It seems to have disappeared.

There were a few in S8 that have disappeared too.:confused:

One gone off Chesterfield Rd too between Homebase and petty station.

Pacman ate it, it went blue and "SNAP", just like that. He ate the others as well, it ensured he could eat pips without being eaten himself.

They move them around to different areas for a given time but don'the worry it will be back.

Good riddance. I always feel the need to speed up when I see those to get a highscore.

Guest sibon

I'd have more time for the smiley/ frowny machines, if the speed thingy was correctly calibrated. I can go past at 30 (exactly) and be accused of going at 33. The smile that I should get becomes an undeserved frown.

I'm not a fan.

Good riddance. I always feel the need to speed up when I see those to get a highscore.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Not just me then

Doe anyone?

Halfway scum.

It's ewe in Oughtibridge :)

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Not just me then [disliking smile/frown speed signs]

So how would you go about slowing down drivers then ? Speed cameras are more effective, but, apparently, many drivers don`t like them. The only acceptable reason for that would be if the speed limit in the locality was unclear. So surely a sign reminding the drivers that there is a speed restriction and what their speed is, must be the answer ? Personally I think a speed sign indication sign backed up by a speed camera 50 yards down the road is the best answer, then us drivers would have no excuse whatsoever. I do accept it`s more expensive to have two devices though.

---------- Post added 23-04-2016 at 07:57 ----------

I'd have more time for the smiley/ frowny machines, if the speed thingy was correctly calibrated. I can go past at 30 (exactly) and be accused of going at 33. The smile that I should get becomes an undeserved frown.

I'm not a fan.

I have some sympathy for this, though I personally found that one in Oughtibridge was correct as regards my speedo. That said, most speedos are about 5% fast, which would equate to about 1.5mph at 30mph. Perhaps we should remind ourselves that`s only half walking pace !

Edited by Justin Smith