Regent court old tennants

I am the longest resident on Regent Court at 72 years and I am interested in any photographs relating to the earlier years of this building that opened in 1937 .

I am the longest resident on Regent Court at 72 years and I am interested in any photographs relating to the earlier years of this building that opened in 1937 .

I used to go to school with a girl called Glenys Hopkins. She had a splint on her leg and lived there in the sixties. Did you know her please?

Sorry her name doesn't ring a bell but there were a lot of children living there in the 50/60s I am in touch with a number of people who were children living on the flats at that time , I will ask around , I assume you didn't live there ?

Sorry her name doesn't ring a bell but there were a lot of children living there in the 50/60s I am in touch with a number of people who were children living on the flats at that time , I will ask around , I assume you didn't live there ?

Thank you! No I lived in the ABC streets on Penistone Road.

I remember a couple of residents on there in the early 70's. Mr Hyman (of the furniture store family), I think he was on the top floor. Also another Jewish chap, whose name sadly escapes me, who was a retired jeweler, he made me a couple of unique pieces. He lived about the middle floor.

I think there were quite a few 'well to do' people on there then. I have vague recollections of an elderly lady on the ground floor who had some connection with Hillsborough golf club. Not being much help am I :rolleyes:

I remember a lot of the flats being offered for sale around the same time for around £4.5k (each :) )

Edited by *Belle*

Did you know Mr Swann (of Swann-Morton fame) had a flat there originally ?

Is that 72 years old...or 72 years on the flats...or maybe both?

I used to go to school with a girl called Glenys Hopkins. She had a splint on her leg and lived there in the sixties. Did you know her please?

I remember Glenys....and many other kids from the sixties.

I was one of them.

I recollect Tony Christie the singer living in the flats at one time around the late 60s early 70s I believe!.:confused:

Edited by old tup
spelling my strongpoint!

Did you know Mr Swann (of Swann-Morton fame) had a flat there originally ?

I have learnt since of this but I didn't know him at the time

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 17:07 ----------

I recollect Tony Cristie the singer living in the flats at one time around the late 60s early 70s I believe!.:confused:

He returned to do a photoshoot to promote his album Made in Sheffield .

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Is that 72 years old...or 72 years on the flats...or maybe both?

I remember Glenys....and many other kids from the sixties.

I was one of them.

I was born on Regent Court in 1943 after my parents home in Hawksley Ave was destroyed in the blitz in 1940 .

There are a few photos of Regent Court on Picture Sheffield.

Wasn,t Regent Court built upon an old mill pond or dam that had been drained after the mill fell into disuse all those years ago?.