PC components prices, spec graphics cards(redux)

Posted on this before, but some components seem to be maintaining their prices, with some graphics cards, GTX 970 going up!. The prices for second hand seem ridiculous for high end cards, 260 for gtx 970, you can get new one with Witcher 3 for 289 at OC, why are people prepared to buy at such prices?.

I got the MSi GTX970 Gaming 4G just before xmas from eBuyer on finance. Not ideal but it didn't work out much more expensive to just spread the cost out. Otherwise I couldn't justify dropping a large sum on one in a single throw.

Hell of a beast though.

There are a several different 970 cards about so the prices will vary.

Some makers have different specs with lower clock speeds and noisier cooling fans some have higher clock and memory speeds and better cooling. You can see the different prices reflecting the different specs on OC and OC are not the cheapest place to buy from either.

I also have the GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4G before christmas but settled for a Gigabyte one as the Windforce fans are very quiet even when maxed out. It also has a metal back plate ready for water cooling and cost me £289 on Amazon and still priced the same.

Prices still seem to be maintained on the 970, then again Nvidia takes the mickey with its pricing model.

Hello

I would consider getting AMD Radeon cards. RX series cards competes with Nvidia and beats them pricewise. RX480 performance wise matches 1070 and costs £150 less (RX480 8GB). Myself I use R9 Fury X and it infuriates me (pun intended) because I paid £580 for it, and I could get two RX480's for lower price and match or even beat the performance... And also it wouldn't be as power hungry as Fury X.

As Radeon started to spend money in software development and releases software updates monthly, it greatly improves stability and quality. Latest Amd Radeon Crimson ReLive edition software is absolutely fantastic. GTA V on my 4K monitor goes around 100fps, paired with my freesync monitor = no image "tear" and fluid animation.

In conclusion: consider AMD Radeon products, they have changed a lot and they're aiming for 50% of graphics cards market with a reason.