Bitter suites sheffield band

Anyone have any information on the Sheffield band bitter suites or the late drummer Steve bubbles Mitchell I'm his daughter sadly I never meet him or my brother Sam so would love information and story's please

Edited by 19kirsty
more information

Sorry I can't tell you much other than I used to go and see Bitter Suite at the Working Mens Clubs back in the 70s. They were absolutely brilliant and a cover charge was always made at the door when they were on ( which only happened with successful acts ) The clubs were always packed out when they played. I can remember the lead singer had dark curly hair. Amazing group.:banana::clap::clap:

Thank you for your kind words it really means a lot xxx

Yes great band, have i got mixed up , Didnt John Parr ( st elmos fire song) lead sing for them at one time?

I think they called phil brodie band now

I'm sorry but I can't help you Iv aways known from an early age Steve was my dad but never meet him and the bit I do no is from the internet or from mum I always thought I'd meet him one day but it wasn'tto be I just hope he knows I'm thinking of him while he's up there xxx

The band originally went under the name Jigsaw before Bitter Suite, and the singer was Barry Marshall, of Barry Marshall and the Deputy,s. John Parr was a member at one time and formed Ponder,s End. Phil Brodie joined from Love and confusion, and now leads his own band with his son. Never understand why they never made the big time. I did hear that Barry had auditioned For AC-DC but missed out to Brian Johnson.

Thank you for all your help I'm picking up the star paper on Monday when he died they did a spread so that will help plus been talking to Lucy my half sister fingers crossed we'll meet thanks again xxx

Yes great band, have i got mixed up , Didnt John Parr ( st elmos fire song) lead sing for them at one time?

Just Googled it.............. Yes he did.

Edited by francypants

Iv been in touch with them but sadly no reply Steve and the gang were very talented now I no where my daughter Lauren gets it from cost it skipped me haha xxx

Thank you for all your help I'm picking up the star paper on Monday when he died they did a spread so that will help plus been talking to Lucy my half sister fingers crossed we'll meet thanks again xxx

Yeh the lead singer was Barry Marshall,nice bloke,he now works as an agent for International Management or Artistes which is owned by Norman Thewliss,from Wakefield/Dewsbury.I used to deal with Barry in the 90s and they in fact re-formed briefly and I booked them at Bellhouse WMC.

The place was heaving.