Sales Courses in Sheffield

It is essential to get business training but do not worry too much. There are many people who can help you. Search in internet who provide sales training and go through their website.You will get all information about how to register with them and they do not charge more

Does anyone know of any courses that are running that teach people about selling and help salespeople develop their skills. I'm thinking of evening or weekend courses. A friends son has just got a job as a sales rep for a small firm, they won't give him training because of cost, which is a great mistake and another topic altogether. He is really wanting to learn which I think is a credit fr a younfg person just starting out in life.

There are loads of consultancies who work in Sheffield - Have to say that I have been on a thousand of these courses, and they don't teach you half of what 3 months in sales does! The young rep will make his own way, with his colleagues assistance, and if he doesn't feel supported by the business he is now, he'll be sure to find another job if quickly any time he likes if he is any good at sales :) Tell him to keep all proof of his beating of targets etc, and he'll have a nice portfolio to show a potential new employer in the future:)

Free sales training is of course still available until August 1st, but this would be in the form of a long term commitment like a NVQ L3 or diploma... Takes around a year to complete...

Thanks to all that have replied. It is very gratifying to know that so many people will give of their time to help young people starting out.

To the people wondering how he got a sales job without ever selling before , he applied, got an interview and was sufficiently impressive in his answers, knowledge of the company and its industry, and is a polite hardworking young man. I guess that counted for a lot.

Sure the company he is with is making a grave mistake in not training, but for a first job for a 17 year old, that's right 17, it will be good experience for him and if he sticks it out and finds that he likes selling then he can move on to greater things. He decided he wanted this job and although it is not an ideal company, it was HIS choice and they did give him a chance, possibly for cost reasons, as so many companies base their decisions on cost, but maybe thye saw something. Either way, who am I to criticise his choice or theirs.

I was in sales for 30 years and had no experience whatsoever when I started, but someone had faith in me. After a time I grew out of that role and the company, eventually I was UK Sales and Marketing Director for a large Italian company. I retired and took up bookkeeping and business support to keep me busy and pass back the things I was freely given. We all have to start somewhere and there are very few born sale people, most of us have to learn through hard work.

So I have been able to pass on many things to the young man. But I cannot pass on being in the middle of a group of sales people all trying to learn how to improve. Thats really what he needs. Good sales training with others.

I will keep on looking for him and if it comes to a point where there is nothing, maybe I might try and start something for these young sales people.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Ah - if he is 17, his training will still be free on the Apprenticeship programme even after August 1st! His employer can't say fairer than that! Unless you can secure funding to deliver a NVQ sales programme yourself (and at the mo, the chances are slim as funding being cut left right and centre) you may as well let the big training providers deliver the fully funded programmes rather than start trying to charge for courses in a time of cuts etc in most businesses...

You say that you too started your first sales job with no experience - I know that you were arguing the toss with a idiot, but everyone in any job has a first job doing it! Noone has experience when they first start - we all start somewhere :)

Edited by Lady Star

There are loads of consultancies who work in Sheffield - Have to say that I have been on a thousand of these courses, and they don't teach you half of what 3 months in sales does! The young rep will make his own way, with his colleagues assistance, and if he doesn't feel supported by the business he is now, he'll be sure to find another job if quickly any time he likes if he is any good at sales :) Tell him to keep all proof of his beating of targets etc, and he'll have a nice portfolio to show a potential new employer in the future:)

Free sales training is of course still available until August 1st, but this would be in the form of a long term commitment like a NVQ L3 or diploma... Takes around a year to complete...

Completely agree with that.

Does anyone know of any courses that are running that teach people about selling and help salespeople develop their skills. I'm thinking of evening or weekend courses. A friends son has just got a job as a sales rep for a small firm, they won't give him training because of cost, which is a great mistake and another topic altogether. He is really wanting to learn which I think is a credit fr a younfg person just starting out in life.

http://www.google.com.vn/search?gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Sales+Courses+in+Sheffield

I think you can find sths useful...

I think the best and cheapest courses is start selling sths

-------------

Sales supervisor interview questions

Edited by jennyfd

I think sales courses need to be specific to your role. A lot of courses employers have put me on have been a waste of time. One of my employers had a course written for 'us' and that was the only one I found of use. I have done consultative selling in very technical roles and found most courses focus and trying to get the customer to think they need your 'product'. In my line of work they already have a need anyway. Its just trying to convince them to do things differently for maximum benefit or educating them on legal compliance.

When I was new to sales I found I needed help in sourcing companies to contact in the first place.

I don't know if my skills suit his industry. I am willing to answer questions via email. You can conatct me by clicking on "waste management and consultancy"

Just noticed.....someone revived an old thread!

Edited by Chez2
just noticed.....

Hi all, was just reading with interest and wonder if anyone has been on sales courses and what they thought was useful and more importantly not useful... it would be great to get people's feedback of why they were good or not!

thanks

John

Hi all, was just reading with interest and wonder if anyone has been on sales courses and what they thought was useful and more importantly not useful... it would be great to get people's feedback of why they were good or not!

thanks

John

I will have a think about your pm and get back to you. I'm busy most of tomorrow. If I haven't responded by Sunday evening please feel free to give me a nudge.

I will have a think about your pm and get back to you. I'm busy most of tomorrow. If I haven't responded by Sunday evening please feel free to give me a nudge.

it's ok Chez... no rush!

thank you.