Guitar teacher needs help establishing in Sheffield!

Hi everyone! As you can tell by title of the thread, I'm asking for tips on setting up my own guitar teaching business.

I have taught friends in my hometown in the past but since getting a job in Chesterfield at a music school I am now living in Sheffield and need to teach freelance for extra income.

I know that there are loads of options I can take to get my name out there, (leaflets, facebook, business cards, etc) but I would like to know the best and quickest way to get a steady flow of students.

Things like; where to give out flyers (in shops or stand on streets handing them out), where to leave business cards, how to get more 'likes' on Facebook. I've even contemplated busking with flyers for my business on a nearby music stand!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

How about posting basic tutorials on youtube with references to the services you provide as a guitar teacher. You could even post giving a lesson on line, so people can see how you teach. Would it be possible to teach online via something like skype?

Hi. Im a self employed piano teacher with a student base of 40. Im happy to share some teaching tips. Firstly, get some good business cards made http://www.vistaprint.com are great and cheap. I gave my business cards to all music shops in sheffield, music box at meadowhall and millington music in sheffield centre are a good start.

Scour sites like the musicians section in the forum, look for anyone wanting guitar lessons. Keep your fees competitive. Put some leaflets on display in places like the local library, post office, sports centres and community halls. If you drive, put a decal in your rear window and get some door magnets made, again vistaprint.

All these tips should help you get noticed. Good luck....

Kind regards,

Pianobiz

Thanks so much Pianobiz! Very helpful tips there!

Sarkysod, I've been thinking of doing Skype lessons when I eventually get a decent camera and a steady number of YouTube views!

Give me a message id like to help. Got a few tips for you.