Has anyone used Global Double Glazing Company?

Has anyone recently used Global window company in sheffield

to fit new windows and doors. If so, what was the work like,

would you use them again. How would you rate them 1-10.

Used them twice in the last 3 years - 0nce for windows and once for a conservatory. I'd rate them as 10. on both ocassions.

Not the cheapest but as with anything else, you get what you pay for. My cousin went somewhere else for a conservatory but has had and still has loads of problems. We had none.

Ask for Richard Joy.

My neighbours used Global and said they were good.

We used Weatherglaze for ours by the way, and I would certainly not recommend them at all!

I had a quote from them and thought they were reasonably priced.

Then was told from a well known SHEFFIELD firm that they were 'insolvant' and this put me off using them.....don't know how true this is but just passing it on....x

Had two windows and a door fitted about 4 months ago, and would definatley recommend!

Yes Global did my conservatory - their workmen were fantastic. Didn't leave one bit of muck anywhere and always arrived on time. I chose them because of the quality of their products which I rate better than Yorkshire Windows (who are supposed to be the best). I do know they have a quality benchmark and their products are also underwritten. I looked at their range at the Birley Garden Centre and also at their Orgreave offices so would be worth a trip.

Thankyou very much for your advice, at the moment I am looking at two

possibilities Global or Sheffield Window Centre, Started off looking at six

companies. Global at the moment look very promising!!!!

I've had Global Windows to put in a new front door 10/10

The salesman came - on time - no pressure, only there just under an hour, and only that long because we couldn't make up our minds on the choice of glass for the door.

The technical man came to measure up - on time

The fitters came on time, very neat and tidy job, cleaned up after.

:thumbsup:

I have used them before and I thought they were great. So when I moved house I used them again. They were terrible. They brought the wrong handles, wrong glass. Didn't turn up the the date they were suppose to THREE TIMES! Window are fine but the french doors are draughty and trim has fallen off outside. I am fed up of phoning them to come and adjust them. If I had the choice again, I wouldn't use them

They replaced all of my windows and doors just over 10 years ago and still appear to be as good as when fitted. I would definitely use Global again.

Edited by alankearn

They did the windows in our house and new extention also fitted a consevatory The windows were fine except for a few faults which they put right but the conservatory is a right mess all down to bad surveying:rant:

what can i say about global windows they treat there staff like sh.. the company has gone down hill i would recomend not to use global windows trust me you would regret it:mad: