Commute to Europa Walk by Public Transport

Hi all

Due to work commitments I will shortly need to commute to Europa Walk (Sheffield Business Park) from Chesterfield and being a non car owner I need to do this by public transport.

Chesterfield to Sheffield is a doddle but looking at bus times it appears there is only an in the main hourly servce 74 from Sheffield centre to Europa that could make life difficult as my role doesn't go by set hours.

I have therefore started looking at alternatives and will openly admit I do not know this area of Sheffield at all but looking at Streetmap it appears the tram stops around the Arena could be circa 30 mins walk away from Europa Walk, which I really dont mind. Does anyone else use the tram to the Arena and walk onwards to confirm my timings sound about right and if so is it easy enough to do? Alternatively any advice on other options I have missed would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Edited by chessie

Tram to Carbrook

15 min walk via footpath to Shepcote Lane then Europa Link and Europa Drive

Guest busdriver1

X78 to Meadowhall then 71 or A1 to Europa walk, or 72 to Waverly Morrisons then 71,74, A1 to Europa Walk or 7 minute walk.

Or the unreliable X1 to Arena square then 12 minute Walk.

Edited by busdriver1

Absolutely marvellous! Thanks for your suggestions everyone, I am going to the area on Friday to complete a dummy run so will certainly look into all of the above.

It's worth checking out the Travel South Yorkshire website.

Lots of useful information.

Yes, put in the start and end destination and it'll show you walk times as well so you can factor in the actual quickest route.

This reckons the fastest route from 'Chesterfield' so depends where you live obviously involves the train:

http://tsy.yorkshiretravel.net/journeyplanner/showJourneyDetailsPage.do?rid=1484740839848&hss=LIivl288076870

Also, have a look here and see if anyone else is heading the same way as you:

https://liftshare.com/uk/carshare

If so it would probably work out cheaper and quicker than public transport.

I have therefore started looking at alternatives and will openly admit I do not know this area of Sheffield at all but looking at Streetmap it appears the tram stops around the Arena could be circa 30 mins walk away from Europa Walk, which I really dont mind. Does anyone else use the tram to the Arena and walk onwards to confirm my timings sound about right and if so is it easy enough to do? Alternatively any advice on other options I have missed would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

How far up the road from the arena end are you going up Europa? All the way to Factory 2050? Id be looking at the flexibility of a folding bike (its flat so doesn't need to be too special)

As an alternative train to Sheffield station and cycle the rest . Bike can live in the secure bike hub at the station overnight (10 quid for a fob) Once again doesn't need to be anything too special as its going to be mainly flat heading out and gives you a lot more flexibility if the hours are odd .

Now in a more progressive country you'd just bob the bike in the space on the tram get out at the arena and cycle the rest but that is for a different thread

Guest busdriver1
Yes, put in the start and end destination and it'll show you walk times as well so you can factor in the actual quickest route.

This reckons the fastest route from 'Chesterfield' so depends where you live obviously involves the train:

http://tsy.yorkshiretravel.net/journeyplanner/showJourneyDetailsPage.do?rid=1484740839848&hss=LIivl288076870

Also, have a look here and see if anyone else is heading the same way as you:

https://liftshare.com/uk/carshare

If so it would probably work out cheaper and quicker than public transport.

Dont pay too much attention to the walk times on there. They follow standard PTE information and as such are not to be trusted.

I have found 2 on there when I have checked journey times and they were wildly out.

One quoted 15 minutes for about 400 yards, and another 2 minutes for 1 1/2 miles.

If you get the train through to meadowhall Interchange there is a better choice of buses

Guest makapaka

I'd allow a bit more than 15 mins from carbrook tram stop. More like half hour.

Guest busdriver1
If you get the train through to meadowhall Interchange there is a better choice of buses

There are 3 possible interchange points, all offer max 2 services. Meadowhall has 71 & A1, Arena Square has 74, and Catcliffe morrisons has 74 & A1. Going to meadowhall risks getting stuck in the usual congestion there.