90's Pirate Radio Stations

I met Easy D a few times when I worked in the clubs.. He was a lovley lad.. very cheeky.. lol Anybody know how he is and what hes doing these days

sorry to bump an old trend, Eazy D still DJs & runs his own old skool night called Reunitez in Sheffield

I used to pick up Hardcore FM then Fantasy from as far away as Thorne (11 miles the other side of Doncaster) with the help of wiring around my entire room!

Me and a mate used to come through to Norfolk Park flats on Bank Holiday's around 93' when the Fantasy FM guys including Easy D would spin outside and build up quite a crowd.

I bumped into Easy D (Darren) in The Harley whilst he was spinning a few weeks back and he remembered those times well!

I went on to play a few Pirates over Doncaster way and now still DJ in Sheffield at various venues every weekend...happy days they were though!

Grew up on Norfolk Park, happy days! Easy D, legend. To those who remember...............

anybody remember Mr bluebeat and boy trojan on scr ? Well one of them Mr bluebeat is still going strong and playing tonight ( Friday 30th ) at the hadfield hotel crookesmoor sheffield if anybody fancies popping down an reliving their past its free admission as well

I remember when I first moved to Sheffield in 1992 and would often listen to Fantasy FM and Hardcore 101.1 FM or something like that?

Whilst I am more of a Techno fan which wasn't really catered for here I Sheffield, I do love some breakbeat hardcore tunes such as the record which starts at 36:43 on the link below if anyone could ID it for me?

BTW - Where all pirates situated on Norfolk Park tower blocks back in the 1990's?

I remember when I first moved to Sheffield in 1992 and would often listen to Fantasy FM and Hardcore 101.1 FM or something like that?

Whilst I am more of a Techno fan which wasn't really catered for here I Sheffield, I do love some breakbeat hardcore tunes such as the record which starts at 36:43 on the link below if anyone could ID it for me?

BTW - Where all pirates situated on Norfolk Park tower blocks back in the 1990's?

Another great link...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EPSMj-xt_c

Does anyone remember the name of one that use to operate around 100 MHz and around 160 MHz i think operated on Saturday and Sunday they use to play dub reggae,techno,d&b/jungle

i have tapes recorded from 1997-2000 that i still have would be great to find out more info

I was watching a documentary on 90's pirate radio. Did a little digging on the net. Found Fantasy FM was a huge station in Sheffield in the 90's. Dose any one have memeorys of this and is there any still going in Sheffield?

At that time, and moving up from London (where one was spoilt for choice – not to mention the legendary DBC), it was a joy to discover SCR and Fresh FM here in Sheffield. Legs Diamond – where is he now?

I was at Sheffield University in the early 90's and my two biggest stations I loved was Mighty FM 100.7 and SCR.

Remember Sky Juice and Chuck Chill Out on Sunday afternoon Evenings. Music nice "Warm and Easy" LOL

---------- Post added 18-01-2017 at 14:44 ----------

Whatever became of those guys. "Donkey Man" club near SADACCA. Great days.

For a brief time someone ran an illegal priate station from an derelict Park Hill flat in the 1990s playing Acid, House that sort of thing. Their is some tape recording of it so I'm told.