Molar tooth extraction, questions and expectations

Lots of soft food as previously advised. Soup is good. Scrambled egg with a little grated cheese but not toast for a few days, baked potato & baked beans. Food should not bwe too hot as heat increases circulation and risk of bleeding.

When I had wisdom teeth out I remember having to use a straw and soup for for a few days. Ibuprofen is good for taking down swelling and Paracetamol or Codeine alternating do take some painkillers before the local wears off, it works much better and stick to the dosages on the pack at the intervals recommended don't leave it longer for the first two days then it should not be too bad.

You have had some good information about after Care from the forum. Listen to what the Dentist also says about after Care, you might get written instructions on this.

I have had two wisdom teeth out over the years. The first time I did not carry out the after care, and I got an infection which was really painful.

The second time I was more careful and I only had mild pain and only needed painkillers for a few days, but everyone is different. I did not feel a thing when they we're extracting my tooth on both occasions my mouth was nice and numb. So once more the aftercare is important.

Lots of soft food as previously advised. Soup is good. Scrambled egg with a little grated cheese but not toast for a few days, baked potato & baked beans. Food should not bwe too hot as heat increases circulation and risk of bleeding.

When I had wisdom teeth out I remember having to use a straw and soup for for a few days. Ibuprofen is good for taking down swelling and Paracetamol or Codeine alternating do take some painkillers before the local wears off, it works much better and stick to the dosages on the pack at the intervals recommended don't leave it longer for the first two days then it should not be too bad.

I'm not sure that's a good idea in the early days/well certainly first day. That's why they say don't spit/smoke etc. It creates a suction in the mouth that can cause the thing not to clot properly (not the right medical words/terminology, but I'm sure someone will know)

if you smoke then pack in for atleast 2 days as you dont want to get a dry socket

ive had 2 out at local dentist never felt any pain really needle in gum was worst part and that wasnt bad at all

I'm not sure that's a good idea in the early days/well certainly first day. That's why they say don't spit/smoke etc. It creates a suction in the mouth that can cause the thing not to clot properly (not the right medical words/terminology, but I'm sure someone will know)

For wisdom teeth it may be the only way to eat especially if you had all four at once. I was on a soup and straw for three days but I had stitches in place so clot dislodgement was considerably less likely I suspect.

Certainly for a normal extraction they do say soft food eaten carefully and absolutely no spit smoke or blow your nose.

For wisdom teeth it may be the only way to eat especially if you had all four at once. I was on a soup and straw for three days but I had stitches in place so clot dislodgement was considerably less likely I suspect.

Certainly for a normal extraction they do say soft food eaten carefully and absolutely no spit smoke or blow your nose.

Yes, the straw needs to be a large wide one a bendy one works well. Well back in your mouth and soup not too hot.

I can recommend mushed up shreddies and/or porridge as well, both easy to eat/drink after having a tooth out.

If you can avoid food/drink till the next morning any pain will have gone.