Advice about using nicotine patches

If you really want to stop smoking, then just stop.

It's easy.

you ever smoked smithy.

He smoked a kipper.:D

you don"t smoke a kipper... you smoke a herring to make the kipper.

you ever smoked smithy.

Yes, i smoked quite heavily for years, starting when I was about 9, and late teens, early twenties thought the best thing at a weekend was a Galoise on a Saturday morning before I got up. Also smoked a pipe for years, and loved it.

Stopped smoking when I was 32. Not smoked since.no patches, just glad I was not spending silly money. And now,I do not smell like an old ashtray.

But, as the saying goes, there is no worse than a non-smoker for being anti smoking.

Yes, i smoked quite heavily for years, starting when I was about 9, and late teens, early twenties thought the best thing at a weekend was a Galoise on a Saturday morning before I got up. Also smoked a pipe for years, and loved it.

Stopped smoking when I was 32. Not smoked since.no patches, just glad I was not spending silly money. And now,I do not smell like an old ashtray.

But, as the saying goes, there is no worse than a non-smoker for being anti smoking.

congrats smithy, you must have tremendous willpower. its not easy trust me.

Try gaming when at home. Total concentration, both hands busy and the hours fly by until bedtime.

Now that is a very good idea. I stopped smoking over 5 years ago and didn't use patches or an e-cig but I tended to do a lot of gaming. The first month was the worst but after that I didn't seem to think too much about it. With me the hours seemed to fly by until early morning!

Just to add.. One thing I had to do though was keep away from some of my friends who smoked.

E cigs.. are very popular at the moment, everywhere you go people seemed to be on them. iv"e smoked 50 odd years, tried everything to stop, nothing worked..

so i thought i would try E cigs, its now 6months without a fag, i honestly can"t believe it... i know everyone is different, but they seem to have done the trick for me.. good luck, its a disgusting habit (and expensive)

I've been using e-cigs for well over 3 years and haven't smoked in all that time. It really is life changing, I'm spending a fraction of the money, my clothes don't smell and I don't have to go outside in the cold and wet any more. I'm completely addicted to the e-cigs of course but that's a battle for the future.

my dad tried to give up smoking with aids with out sucssess, how ever when he got is fist grand child he just stopped smoking. However he had tried alot of thing patches werent out then, but capsuelss were. We had a dog who got hold of the capsuals and ate the lot, it never smoked after so i guess they worked, lol.

you don"t smoke a kipper... you smoke a herring to make the kipper.

Thanks Padders.

My life has meaning, now you put me right.

You could smoke a kipper actually. Just set it alight.

---------- Post added 04-01-2017 at 07:21 ----------

my dad tried to give up smoking with aids with out sucssess, how ever when he got is fist grand child he just stopped smoking. However he had tried alot of thing patches werent out then, but capsuelss were. We had a dog who got hold of the capsuals and ate the lot, it never smoked after so i guess they worked, lol.

The dog stopped smoking after eating capsules?:huh:

My advice about nicotine patches is they are expensive. Simply stick a normal plaster on your arm and smoke a fag instead.

Hope that helps.