Best way to sell advert/billboard space?

How would I go about renting out a billboard space?

are you an advertising company or someone looking for a space to post something?

If you are a company then you should look around and if you find a place that is suitable with a considerable head count per/min or car per/ min then you should rent it and find a client . Based on the location and your argument you can present possible clients with your argument to sell the place. I do not have extensive experience in this field but I have worked in it for a short period of time abroad. As far as I understand from the industry leaders, in Cebu the Philippines, you target the perfect spot first then form a proposal showing why this location is perfect for them and what sort of ideas are possible. So , you can either find a place first, rent it from the landlord or any whoever is responsible for it, get your permits and then find a client which is think might be an expensive process. However, this is how the MD of the company I worked with use to do. But I think they already have a long list of possible clients. I guess if you are running a company you will be doing both.

if you are just looking for a space to rent and post something , there are many companies that will offer you space.

Edited by kharusi

Thanks very much for your response. I actually have a site which I would like to rent out to a business. It's a fantastic advertising opportunity for a business to place an advert by a massively busy roundabout in Sheffield 8.

If you have the space and a place my suggestion is to post a sign and contact details where you are offering. Many companies will see if and think great idea, maybe put the cost on the sign. (Maybe offer the advertisement in lieu of goods purchased?)

Secondly if you are going through a formal planning permission sign or even temporary it might be best to employ 1 of the big 3 local firms for advertising (look at your local advertising boards for who runs them).

a good idea is advertise on cars , not sure where ive seen it but you kinda rent the space on public cars , stick on magnet type advert. at one point I was going to do it for extra cash

Thanks very much for your response. I actually have a site which I would like to rent out to a business. It's a fantastic advertising opportunity for a business to place an advert by a massively busy roundabout in Sheffield 8.

Im a tad late to this but you've got two choices really. Stick a big "advertise here - ring xxxxxxxxxx" or contact an agency. Look on another billboard, somebody will manage it - find the number on the bottom and try them.