Labour - conservative coalition?

Former Tory Lord Baker of Dorking says a Conservative- Labour coalition may be needed to save the SNP holding the balance of power. Does anyone think such a coalition could work?

Former Tory Lord Baker of Dorking says a Conservative- Labour coalition may be needed to save the SNP holding the balance of power. Does anyone think such a coalition could work?

As ridiculous as the idea sounds, the SNP is a factor the most people seem to be forgetting, how many seats have they been forecast to win?

And I thought it was Nigel they were worried about.

Milliband is so desperate to get the keys to No 10 he will make a pact with anyone.

Imagine this scenario.......Milliband and Sturgeon running the country:gag::loopy:

And I thought it was Nigel they were worried about.

To be fair the SNP will will more seats than UKIP, and they'll become the third party in UK politics, so they will hold the balance of power. It will make things interesting.

Maybe they'll make a similar deal with Labour that the Ulster Unionists made with the Tories and align themselves with the Labour party?

Edited by JFKvsNixon
Correcting error.

As ridiculous as the idea sounds, the SNP is a factor the most people seem to be forgetting, how many seats have they been forecast to win?

They say 40, but I've seen far bigger numbers. The UKIP are only forcast to win 2 or 3.

https://electionsetcdev.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/forecast-main-150306.png

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 11:36 ----------

Milliband is so desperate to get the keys to No 10 he will make a pact with anyone.

Imagine this scenario.......Milliband and Sturgeon running the country:gag::loopy:

That I can't imagine. I would be surprised if the English would stand by and allow Scots to vote to give Scotland everything it wanted and then vote to deny the English the same.

Such an arrangement I think would be unworkable.

Edited by purdy

Interestingly, one Investment Management company is worried that Scottish Independence may be back on the agenda according to a report in the Torygraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/investmenttrusts/11454748/Scottish-independence-fears-return-as-investment-fund-warns-of-extended-uncertainty.html

To be fair the SNP will will more seats than UKIP, and they'll become the third party in UK politics, so they will hold the balance of power. It will make things interesting.

Maybe they'll make a similar deal with Labour that the Ulster Nationalists made with the Tories and align themselves with the Labour party?

I've never heard of the Ulster Nationalists.

I've never heard of the Ulster Nationalists.

Sorry I meant the Ulster Unionists, but you knew that.

Conservative and Labour should be polar opposites but my opinion does not quite see that.With regards to coalition between red and blue I cannot ever see that happening.

SNP coalition ,now thats interesting.

No , I am all for a re vote excluding out and out losers.Another coalition is no use or ornament.

That's a bit rich

Would now be a good time for the government to consider proportional representation?

As its looking, we could end up with green -SNP - plaid cymru - labour coalition, which would be nearing the ridiculous.

Having looked how PR would work, that may be more of a mess than it is now.

Edited by sheff1johnny