How old were you when you moved out

I Read a story on the web before about an Italian couple taking legal action to evict their 41 year old son ! Apparently, a common problem in Italy

But what about in the UK?So – how old were you when you fled the parental nest, or are you still there at home at age 40 getting your mum to do your ironing, cooking, cleaning etc ( shame, shame on you :hihi:

(I left when I was 19 to go overseas and work)

first time 14 they made me go back second time 16 never looked back never went back

Edited by backwardben
space

I moved out at 19 yrs old when I got married and we bought our own house.

....... 40 years ago and still going strong !!

Around my 19th birthday I believe, can't remember whether I was still 18 or not. I felt I had to get out for all our sanity. I'd mostly been supporting myself since I was 15/16 anyway.

19. People who stay at home beyond about 25 are saddoes IMO. Not counting people looking after disabled parents and the like of course.

I was 17 when my parents moved out and left me.

that also happened to me went camping about 12 years old when i got back they had moved, house no word of a lie

20 years old to get married. Moved into our first home, a cheap and cheerful terrace. That was in 1973.

Not so easy these days of course. People often don't want to commit to marriage, and terraces are no longer cheap.

At 18 to go to university. I went back for the vacations, but less and less till by the time I'd finished university I just went back for occasional visits.

People are moving out at an older age these days. It's hard to get on the housing ladder and renting is just throwing your money away.

Moved out once when I was 21, then came back ten months later..

Moved out for almost two years when I was 25, but came back for 9 months before my move here.

I finally moved out just after my 27th birthday.

Where I grew up, its a lot like London and you just cant afford to buy a house. The houses are worth near half a million dollar plus high 4 figure council tax (My Dad pays almost $8K a yr, and thats with his OAP/no children at home discount discount) A lot of people I graduated high school with, still live at home - albeit in their parents basements - with their wife and kids.

I first moved out when I was 20, went back to my parents 8 months later. I then finally flew then nest at 22.