What can I do??solution please??

I think by keep turning up for your contact, even if your son will not come down, tells your son that you love him and will continue to do so no matter what. So, keep doing that. I wonder if you could take a short letter along with you when you go to contact that you can leave if he will not see you. The letter should be upbeat, tell your son that you love him, show an interest in your son by asking relevant questions. After a time he might feel able to write back to you even if he is not seeing you. This will maintain your relationship and he may want to have contact with you in the future.

You haven’t said how old your son is? That might be relevant to how you approach this issue.

You also have to be honest with yourself. There is a reason, probably multiple reasons he is in care and your son will have mixed feelings about that and your role in it. You also need to consider what contact has been like for your son with you previously. Was it focused on him and was it enjoyable for him? Also, as children get older they have their own lives and may prefer to spend their time with their friends or on other activities. So is contact with you too often, too long or at a day / time when he would prefer to be taking part in another activity?

If your contact is not being prevented by another adult / organisation, but because your son is choosing not to have contact with you I’m not sure what a solicitor will be able to do. The court is not going to make an order on your son to make him have contact with you.

No he hasnt gave any reason just that he doesnt want contact we thought he d come down yesterday coz it was his birthday but he still didnt want to come down.

Well I guess that the social workers could at least ask the reason so that you know and maybe have the chance to put it right, but really if he wont come all that you can do is keep letting him know that you love and miss him and would like to have the chance to see him again, but really I suppose it is up to him, but is still good for him to know that you want to see him.

I think by keep turning up for your contact, even if your son will not come down, tells your son that you love him and will continue to do so no matter what.

<snip>

If your contact is not being prevented by another adult / organisation, but because your son is choosing not to have contact with you I’m not sure what a solicitor will be able to do. The court is not going to make an order on your son to make him have contact with you.

Best response so far and some good advice. Hope you can sort something out that suits all.