Immigrants dying in the Mediterranean

Apart from a few loons, most people here want to help put a stop to the number of people dying in the Med. They may have different means, but the ends are the same.

The EU should build a navy (which will be the result of this issue) and use it to block these boats form leaving port.

Why can't they just go over and take the boats from the port??

No boats, no transport.

Why can't they just go over and take the boats from the port??
I think you'll find international and maritime laws have a lot to say against that plan. Not to mention all those locals with genuine need and use of their own boats, such as fishermen and coastal passenger/cargo operators.

How much will you be donating to help with their rescue and what will you personally be doing to help them after they land in Europe, will you be proving them with food, accommodation and how long will you provide this support?
You know nothing about what I contribute voluntarily in support of humanity. But a little bit from everybody who can afford it can do a lot more than is being offered here. I hope you are never to face the problems these people are facing.

You know nothing about what I contribute voluntarily in support of humanity. But a little bit from everybody who can afford it can do a lot more than is being offered here. I hope you are never to face the problems these people are facing.

In which post did I say that I did know about what you contribute voluntarily in support of humanity.

Why not a lot from you instead of you deciding that everyone should contribute?

In which post did I say that I did know about what you contribute voluntarily in support of humanity.

Why not a lot from you instead of you deciding that everyone should contribute?

I contribute as much as I can as a retiree, the widowers mite so to speak. You were talking as if you knew something about my situation, you're still doing it. I'm not arguing with you. I do not know if you could afford to help or not. All I was saying was that everybody who could help ought to try to. Even pennies from everyone in the US would amount to a very large sum. What the UK does is none of my business.:)

If someone told me where I could contribute towards the repatriation of these potential parasites that are comming into, or attempting to come into europe and expecting to be to be taken care of then I would do so gladly.

Charity begins at home and there are plenty of issues that need addressing here without wasting any more money abroad.

And before some one raises the subject I think that; Emergency support like for the recent disaster victims in a completely seperate issue and has nothing to do with people that appear to be thinking that the grass is greener elsewhere and its easier to go there than address their own problems in their own countries.

Many of these immigrants appear to prefer to freeload on the legacy that our ancestors/predecesors... whatever left for us rather than put some effort into making things better for themselves in there own places of birth. Detracting from our living standards and life-syles or adding to the strain on our resources it would seem is fine as long as they are ok.

Sink their boats before or as they fill them even if that does cause a few unfortunate casualties it would cause far less than are drowing on an almost daily basis. Some times you have to be hard to be kind.

If someone told me where I could contribute towards the repatriation of these potential parasites that are comming into, or attempting to come into europe and expecting to be to be taken care of then I would do so gladly.

Charity begins at home and there are plenty of issues that need addressing here without wasting any more money abroad.

And before some one raises the subject I think that; Emergency support like for the recent disaster victims in a completely seperate issue and has nothing to do with people that appear to be thinking that the grass is greener elsewhere and its easier to go there than address their own problems in their own countries.

Many of these immigrants appear to prefer to freeload on the legacy that our ancestors/predecesors... whatever left for us rather than put some effort into making things better for themselves in there own places of birth. Detracting from our living standards and life-syles or adding to the strain on our resources it would seem is fine as long as they are ok.

Sink their boats before or as they fill them even if that does cause a few unfortunate casualties it would cause far less than are drowing on an almost daily basis. Some times you have to be hard to be kind.

Indeed we did not get to where we are now by accident, it was earned through the blood of our ancestors through centuries of war. These migrants are abandoning their homelands to take advantage of what our ancestors have bequeathed to us, without having to bother fighting for it for their own countries.

The BBC have just done a piece on it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32530485

Rough estimates put it at 350 Eritreans and 200 Senegalese died on that large boat disaster.

Out of an estimated 750 people.

this year 86% of migrant deaths in the med are from sub-Saharan Africa.

We live on a little round ball whirling in the vastness of space - nobody knows how we got here - never mind why - even though they come up with these fairytales about people like Jesus - Allah - the Norse Gods - the Roman Gods - the Greek Gods etc etc.

One of my favourite religions (though I follow none and btw the oldest of religions) is Hinduism - where emphasis is put on refraining from injuring living things, patience, forbearance, self-restraint, compassion, etc etc.

So wherever you're from and whatever you believe you should be entitled to an equal share of the resourses that are found on this little sphere - shouldn't you?

For we are advanced civilised beings are we not and in spite of religion we can rise above our perceived differences can't we?

And shouldn't we as an advanced and civilised nation - take responcibility for the 'younger' nations who have historically been exploited by the West and help resettle them in safe and fertile places?

Shouldn't we have learned to share the planet and it's resourses by now?

You assume the places these people come from are completely barren, and the soil in our country is that much richer???

Get a grip you mug, they want to come here for money, not an 'equal' share of resources.

The BBC have just done a piece on it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32530485

Rough estimates put it at 350 Eritreans and 200 Senegalese died on that large boat disaster.

Out of an estimated 750 people.

this year 86% of migrant deaths in the med are from sub-Saharan Africa.

People shy away from the truth and often will make the polite or if you prefer the acceptable noises that they feel that society expects of them.

I venture to suggest that if people are being honest to themselves then they will admit at least to themselves even if not out loud that in regard to refugees, immigrants, illegal immigrants or whatever people want to call them;

a) they do not want any more coming into the uk and don't really care how many get to europe as long as we dont have to contribute anything.

b) they do not really care what happens to any number of these people as long as they do not arrive here.

I will also say that if people really cared about what is happening to other people in other countries there would be no hunger, noone without access to clean potable water and we would collectively do away with oppressors.

If you really care about these things you would give up your wealth and sell your unnecessary possessions to help make these things right.

I have not done any of those things because to be honest to myself I do not really care about these people and I'm damn sure they don't care about me. The difference is I don't want or ask them to.

If you have done those things I'll admit you are a better person than I am. If you just rant about what I've said without doing what I said then you are probably just a hypocrite.

So just sink their boats, preferably before they get on them or just round them up and tow them back. Pick up people in danger of drowning byall means and then take them back.. they are not our problem