Cats pooing on my garden

hose pipe give em a blast

Too quick for that - as soon as it hears me opening the door, it scarpers.

Having the same problem in my garden too. I had to put loads of spikes down where i have reseeded the lawn to keep birds off & it's kept the cats away too. The only other bit of my garden they use as a toilet has been dowsed in vinegar (which has also killed the weeds - no plants planted there) or had geraniums planted, which they seem to hate. Once the lawn is established i'll be putting down copious amounts of pepper & citrus peel to keep them deterred.

When i get some planters in later in the summer I'll be putting chicken wire down with a thin layer of mulch to disguise it. I hate that i have to spend my money protecting my garden from some other persons pet moggy.

So i have, for the last couple of years, been lobbing the **** back over the fence into the middle of the cat owners garden. It's quite cathartic & it makes me feel better! So go ahead and drop it round outside their door - see how they like it!

...for the last couple of years, been lobbing the **** back over the fence into the middle of the cat owners garden. It's quite cathartic & it makes me feel better! So go ahead and drop it round outside their door - see how they like it!

There must be about six cats using our garden, I chub the poo in to the street. That way, the community can appreciate the magnitude of the problem, as all have to walk past the mess or drive through it.

Perhaps there should be some statutory regulation of cat abundance distribution. There is certainly justification, on the basis of protection and maintenance of biodiversity, in accordance with international, national and local commitments and policies. However, I doubt there is any mention of cats in most

Local Biodiversity Action Plans (BAP's) or Habitat Action Plans (HAP's), even though they have a massive negative impact on vole, lizard and bird populations. ;)

http://planningguidance.planningportal.gov.uk/blog/guidance/natural-environment/biodiversity-ecosystems-and-green-infrastructure/

http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/page-6189

http://www.vethelpdirect.com/vetblog/2010/05/02/lily-poisoning-in-cats/

In addition, since the problem can be so bad that it prevents a landowner's quiet enjoyment of his property in the amplest manner, the problem could possibly constitute a statutory nuisance. I wonder whether anyone has brought a case before the courts? I do think pet owners should be held accountable for the acts they allow their pets to commit and the associated damage/harm/nuisance.

Edited by Native lad

Cat owners will always defend their pets right to squeeze one out wherever it likes.

Chances are the majority have little idea where their kittie really go's when it pops out the cat flap.

Cat owners will always defend their pets right to squeeze one out wherever it likes.

Chances are the majority have little idea where their kittie really go's when it pops out the cat flap.

I once knew a girl that insisted that her cat only ever defecated on her land, even though she let it roam. Some people have beliefs that defy all evidence and common sense. She didn't follow the cat or have a camera attached to it, so I truly can't begin to understand her claim.