Net migration is up again

"Net migration to the UK rose to 260,000 in the year to June - an increase of 78,000 on the previous year."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30224637

Personally I don't think there is such a thing as net migration as the UK does not stamp people out on the country.

I'm posting this because non of the frothers would post it ... unless it was a Labour government of course

"David Cameron has said he hoped to get net migration below 100,000 before the election in 2015."

Spectacular FAIL

I'm more concerned about asylum seeking and illegal immigration over the legal ones.

There's some interesting comments on the link you posted Mecky, pros and cons from both sides of the argument.

Personally I don't think there is such a thing as net migration as the UK does not stamp people out on the country.

From your own link;

"The figure is calculated by taking away the number of people leaving the country from the number coming in."

They don't have to stamp people. They can record numbers going through passport control.

I'm posting this because non of the frothers would post it ... unless it was a Labour government of course

Whats a frother then?

here's another view

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/27/immigration-speech-david-cameron-migration-targets

which does make some very sensible comments

Which are?

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 20:35 ----------

"David Cameron has said he hoped to get net migration below 100,000 before the election in 2015."

Spectacular FAIL

I hoped to win the lottery but knew it was never going to happen.

Funny isn't it? How everybody is using immigration as an excuse to want to leave the EU, yet the EU immigration in these released figures is actually under the 100,000 target? It is the non-EU immigration that is booming.

I suppose it doesn't really help to unsettle entire countries under the anti-terrorism moniker.

Funny isn't it? How everybody is using immigration as an excuse to want to leave the EU, yet the EU immigration in these released figures is actually under the 100,000 target? It is the non-EU immigration that is booming.

I suppose it doesn't really help to unsettle entire countries under the anti-terrorism moniker.

Since when has goverment figures been accurate? Aparently unemployemnt is at 2 million yet by their own figures youth unemployment is at 800,000.the figures dont stack up.Well massaged without the happy ending.

Since when has goverment figures been accurate? Aparently unemployemnt is at 2 million yet by their own figures youth unemployment is at 800,000.the figures dont stack up.Well massaged without the happy ending.

What should they be?

From your own link;

"The figure is calculated by taking away the number of people leaving the country from the number coming in."

They don't have to stamp people. They can record numbers going through passport control.

but they don't that's what I'm saying

What should they be?

............Accurate