Getting between a mother and her son-don`t even think about it?

From first hand, I have experience of what I refer to on two counts with mothers and their sons, and it is a lost cause. Understandably the bond is almost unbreakable-I get that and salute it. But, and here is the issue, a son can rarely be wrong in the eyes of his mother, there is always an excuse or “valid” reason for xyz action/behaviour/crime. That is the bit that frustrates.

I don’t know how fathers feel towards their sons when they witness what their partners tolerate. I’m sure that over a lifetime it has been the source of much discontentment within the relationship/marriage.

Now for the hypocrisy? Maybe it was the same with me and my mother? (and all mother and son bonds)? I think an “outsider” sees the situation much clearer than the mother and son see it.

Does this resonate with others (especially the daughter in laws out there lol)?

No, my other half hasn't spoken to his mother in years. We've been together nearly 10 years and I've only met her twice (nearly three times but I saw her coming and I pretended not to have seen her and hid in the Co-op). No MIL for me!

The old saying goes.

My son is my son till he gets him a wife,my daughter,s my daughter the whole of her life.

They got it the wrong way around.

I think mums just love their children unconditionally whether it be a son or a daughter.

It's that maternal bond with her children that as a man you will never get to have or understand.

That's the most beautiful thing about our mummies, that's what makes them so special and the ones we always know we can go to when in need of comfort.

I think mums just love their children unconditionally whether it be a son or a daughter.

It's that maternal bond with her children that as a man you will never get to have or understand.

That's the most beautiful thing about our mummies, that's what makes them so special and the ones we always know we can go to when in need of comfort.

I acknowledge it can be beautiful, but harmful too in some case. I know one guy, 60 a day smoker, cannot handle money, blows over a grand a month benefits on stuff he wants but doesn`t need , owes mam thousands that has no possible hope of repaying. Mam in her late 80s goes down to his place dropping food off, and has to draw savings out because now her pensions (2 of) don`t cover her minimal spend and her son`s demands. She says "I love him".

How do you get a grand a month in benefits?

ESA twice per month, and DLA once per month.

As an aside, no rent to pay, and just ÂŁ7 per month towards council tax. However, you cannot knock someone for their income, it`s all legal and above board.

I was just making the point about the poor mother having to shell-out from her pension.

When I asked him about the money he owes mam he`s says, she`s got plenty.

Edited by Janus

I acknowledge it can be beautiful, but harmful too in some case. I know one guy, 60 a day smoker, cannot handle money, blows over a grand a month benefits on stuff he wants but doesn`t need , owes mam thousands that has no possible hope of repaying. Mam in her late 80s goes down to his place dropping food off, and has to draw savings out because now her pensions (2 of) don`t cover her minimal spend and her son`s demands. She says "I love him".

Yes but he's a scumbag!