The war on facebook

Wednesdays big story in the newspapers is criticism by mps that facebook did not alert the security sevices to terror threats made by one of the killers of fusilier lee Rigby.

http://Www.BBC.co.UK/news

If Facebook reported every daft post that someone made the security services would be inundated with worthless tosh. How would they wade through all the drivel in the hope of identifying the serious threats?

How would they wade through all the drivel in the hope of identifying the serious threats?

It's quite simple, if Facebook let the Government have complete unrestricted access to all their data then they wouldn't have to worry about missing something.

This entire story is just a way to try and soften up the public to allow more Government snooping of our communications.

Will the people criticizing Farcebook over this be deleting their accounts in protest?

Perhaps the newspapers leading the howls of outrage should be the ones taking the lead in removing their presence on Farcebook?

I thought that it was a private chat over FB messenger. If so, I'm somewhat glad that facebook doesn't routinely snoop on these communications.

This entire story is just a way to try and soften up the public to allow more Government snooping of our communications.

Bingo. And we're supposed to trust the security services that have already lied about what they can and can't do with intercepting your data that these conversations might have happened? OK then. I don't know why people believe a word they say.

This is a tragic story. The government are blatantly using this murder as an excuse to access all out personal online information. Plain wrong!

Apparently about 26 million people in the UK have FB accounts. Over a third of the UK population visits FB every day. Maybe the government thinks the Stasi need to be brought back.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/feb/04/facebook-in-numbers-statistics

What a sad reflection on people in this country that is.

They say the terrorists arent winning? more fear and less freedoms for us, i would say that is one of the prime objectives of terrorism!

No different to frequenting this forum.

---------- Post added 26-11-2014 at 19:50 ----------

They say the terrorists arent winning? more fear and less freedoms for us, i would say that is one of the prime objectives of terrorism!

Also one of the prime objectives of the government.

Why exactly?