Nuisance phone calls

Is it just us or is everyone getting the nuisance phone calls from almost everywhere - PPI, Surveys, home improvements, computer, Sky tv!!

We had 9 the other day and the Telephone Preference Service is a waste of time!!!

if you have SKY services I would advise you to actually hang on and talk to them because whenever they phone me I always get money knocked off my bill..!

I/we all get them Stunmon.

I never jump up to answer now.

I leave the job to the answerphone.

If it's kosha they will ring back or I then DO jump up and answer.

I thought the government was trying to pass a policy on reducing nuisance calls?

Pointless as most come from abroad these days. Many are from computers that ring a string of numbers, as soon as someone answers it checks whether it is an answerphone, if it isn't it will connect to a waiting operator.

You will notice that it usually takes a few seconds before they actually answer to your hello.

I am tempted to just get rid of the phone, I hardly ever use it, but my wife would probably murder me.

You be ok

just don't answer it.

Pointless as most come from abroad these days. Many are from computers that ring a string of numbers, as soon as someone answers it checks whether it is an answerphone, if it isn't it will connect to a waiting operator.

You will notice that it usually takes a few seconds before they actually answer to your hello.

I am tempted to just get rid of the phone, I hardly ever use it, but my wife would probably murder me.

I never answer the phone, I always leave that to my wife.

I had one the other day from an actual real person....She launched into her script and I politely said, I'm not interested and thank you for the call and put the phone down. But I thought it strange it was an actual person on the phone....In my experience most if not all are the few seconds wait ones before the recorded message or the mechanical ones that immediately launch into the BARCLAYS....that's as far as they ever get....so I don't know what they say after that....hahaha

I had one today from the Hearing Society asking if I or anyone in my household worked in a noisy environment! I think I missed a trick by answering as though I could hear him, or would it have been a bit passe to go down the obvious route? :D

Last week it was the computer scammers, he hung up before I could get going at stringing him along, I think I need more practice...

I had one today from the Hearing Society asking if I or anyone in my household worked in a noisy environment! I think I missed a trick by answering as though I could hear him, or would it have been a bit passe to go down the obvious route? :D

Last week it was the computer scammers, he hung up before I could get going at stringing him along, I think I need more practice...

you dont have a job do you?

I've gone with trolling the computer scammers...these people pee me off. While they're trying to mess with me (and failing), saves them from fleecing some poor soul who doesn't know it's a scam.