Band Aid 2014 - Ebola - Have you bought it?

Just curious.

I bought it. I have, however, read quite a few negative comments about it. Thoughts?

I quite like it. Am I the only one?

No I would rather charity money is spent on the needy in the UK.

I always find that attitude pretty awful. Surely we should show example to others by trying to help everybody? Not just people that sit inside our man made borders. No? A world that ignores certain catastrophes because it 'isn't our country' is a heartless one.

Don't worry, I'm really not trying to cause arguments/conflict, I'm just interested in people's thoughts and all opinions :-)

I always find that attitude pretty awful. Surely we should show example to others by trying to help everybody? Not just people that sit inside our man made borders. No? A world that ignores certain catastrophes because it 'isn't our country' is a heartless one.

Don't worry, I'm really not trying to cause arguments/conflict, I'm just interested in people's thoughts and all opinions :-)

well that's my opinion does it make me a bad person? I would rather the money be used to pay for better care for the elderly, education, get people who are living on the streets in to shelters, more help towards the NHS. I am not sure how we can help the Ebola crisis but I am sure it's been around for years has it not?

Watch this video - especially the first 20 seconds - and then tell us all that you think 'charity money should be spent on the needy in the UK'.

Words fail me - they really do.:mad:

Edited by Daven

It already does.

What has your point got to do with the Ebola appeal?

well that's my opinion does it make me a bad person? I would rather the money be used to pay for better care for the elderly, education, get people who are living on the streets in to shelters, more help towards the NHS. I am not sure how we can help the Ebola crisis but I am sure it's been around for years has it not?

Of course not. I get the impression that you don't know a great deal about Ebola though, so your comment can be forgiven for just being an informed one.

---------- Post added 17-11-2014 at 18:08 ----------

ANYWAY, I was just wondering what people think about the song? As appose to the reasons behind it :-)

Of course not. I get the impression that you don't know a great deal about Ebola though, so your comment can be forgiven for just being an informed one.

---------- Post added 17-11-2014 at 18:08 ----------

ANYWAY, I was just wondering what people think about the song? As appose to the reasons behind it :-)

It's the best song ever lol. Did you see Bob gedof been interviewed on Sky News?

Well if it makes you a bad person, then that's two of us because it's my opinion as well.

It's the best song ever lol. Did you see Bob gedof been interviewed on Sky News?

Yes. Made me chuckle.

Yes. Made me chuckle.

Me too lol. What's with his hair?

Me too lol. What's with his hair?

I doubt he cares much how he looks - he is passionate about the fund raising he is involved in - this is SO refreshing in this self centred 'me me me' world we live in.