The war on facebook

It isn't their job to pass on information to the Government. The day they start doing that is the day that my account closes. Along with millions of others, I assume.
Good luck with that. It's more straightforward to buy a nuclear warhead than it is to close a FB account.

Just like SF they like to keep their numbers up. Looks better to advertisers.

And I in turn think you're a dick for saying that.

Again another example of small-minded people who don't use facebook and have no idea or any understanding of how it works trying to put it down for how they *think* it works and is used.

You arrogant git - thinking you know it all! You know nothing about me or my IT qualifications and social media experience. It is through my knowledge and experience that I made the post and stick to what I said. You only have to read the papers and listen to the the news to learn how many people have been harmed, in more than one sense, by their use, and the influence, of so-called social media.

I agree but the easy answer is don't put personal information online. I think anyone who uses facebook, or suchlike, is an idiot. It is well documented how villains trawl facebook and put together snippets of information for purposes of identity theft, knowing when you are on holiday, for burglary, etc.

I use it as of quite recent. Am i an idiot then? Before you answer you may want to ask what information ive divulged on FB

You arrogant git - thinking you know it all! You know nothing about me or my IT qualifications and social media experience. It is through my knowledge and experience that I made the post and stick to what I said. You only have to read the papers and listen to the the news to learn how many people have been harmed, in more than one sense, by their use, and the influence, of so-called social media.
Of course he's arrogant but when you label 26 million people idiots you do it with the utmost humility. You know each and every one of them and are confident that your little character assassination is utterly accurate.

Hang on, i'll grab my autograph book and a pen...

Of course he's arrogant but when you label 26 million people idiots you do it with the utmost humility. You know each and every one of them and are confident that your little character assassination is utterly accurate.

Hang on, i'll grab my autograph book and a pen...

I've got to agree with you, calling everyone idiots is a bit strong. Maybe I should have phrased it better and said that if people realised how facebook and other social media can be, and is, misused, they would think twice about using it.

I think anyone who uses facebook, or suchlike, is an idiot.

I think anyone who holds an opinion like this is an idiot. Fair?

I think anyone who holds an opinion like this is an idiot. Fair?
OOOO-EEEEEEEEE - The troll is here. He's now made 54,253 posts and not one has been a legitimate original thought of his own. Is the web running out of ideas for you yet?

Maybe I should have phrased it better and said that if people realised how facebook and other social media can be, and is, misused, they would think twice about using it.

So they're the same as every website, activity and enterprise across the planet. Does that make you an idiot for continuously signing up here again and again?

So they're the same as every website, activity and enterprise across the planet. Does that make you an idiot for continuously signing up here again and again?

:roll: agreed

I agree but the easy answer is don't put personal information online. I think anyone who uses facebook, or suchlike, is an idiot. It is well documented how villains trawl facebook and put together snippets of information for purposes of identity theft, knowing when you are on holiday, for burglary, etc.

No, the answer is to apply controls to your account to restrict access to your fb page to people you know personally and not just any randomer who might be inclined to snoop on you.

OOOO-EEEEEEEEE - The troll is here. He's now made 54,253 posts and not one has been a legitimate original thought of his own. Is the web running out of ideas for you yet?

You're not going to defend calling all facebook users idiots then?

Instead you'll try to divert things with a personal attack on me.

Priceless answer ha ha :hihi: (sarcasm)

Edited by Bonzo77