Bookings on Eurostar - a question

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has ever booked Eurostar before and wanted to book a place they'd no intention of using?

We're off to Paris as a three, but would prefer the fourth seat around the table to remain vacant. There's a chance it would anyway, but I'm quite happy to pay for that fourth seat and just not use it. Seats are only £130 return or so.

I'm wondering if Eurostar would have a problem with that. Anyone done that before or any idea?

Thanks

Do you have to name passengers like you do for a flight?

Yea I think you do, and you get allocated seating.

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 13:39 ----------

Can't remember if they check your passport against your ticket tho, don't think so??

Do you have to name passengers like you do for a flight?

That's what I thought. I went last year and there was a check in like a flight, but my thought was 'what if someone who booked and happened to be part of our party didn't turn up'?

I could book them separately I suppose.

Or I could just ask them!! :)

That's what I thought. I went last year and there was a check in like a flight, but my thought was 'what if someone who booked and happened to be part of our party didn't turn up'?

I'd be careful, because it may be like the airlines, where they may make a seat that someone hasn't checked in for available for someone else.

I can't see there being an issue if you name someone and they just don't turn up..

I'd be careful, because it may be like the airlines, where they may make a seat that someone hasn't checked in for available for someone else.

Good point!

I think I have to man up and ask them! :)

Would they have time to re-allocate? I know you have to turn up ages before your flight is due giving them time to do this..is Eurostar the same?

Would they have time to re-allocate? I know you have to turn up ages before your flight is due giving them time to do this..is Eurostar the same?

I don't know. I know that some airline actually overbook the planes in the knowledge that some people never turn up, maybe Eurostar may do this as well. I just don't know.

If I was the OP I'd speak to Eurostar and see whet they say.

I don't know. I know that some airline actually overbook the planes in the knowledge that some people never turn up,

Yep,that's true enough..didn't think about that.. the OP may buy an extra seat and still not have the space...

Valid concerns all, thank you.

I've emailed, so will let you know :)