Anyone remember my dad's garages?

Just wondered if anyone on here remembers my dads garages?He had a small workshop with offices and fuel pumps opposite the sportsman pub,it was called"Owlerton green garage" he also had a larger one with spray shop and showroom called"Carmiles" just up from wednesday's ground,he had"BMC"Franchise and I remember morris oxfords and the like being in the showroom,my dad died suddenly in 1966 at an early age but my mum ran both garages until 1972,both places are gone now,would love to hear if any older users remember,I do remember at carmiles the paintsprayer was called Ernest siddall and the foreman mechanic was Terry bell,also a stores man Ron bingham.My dad had a great freind in Ron johnson who had a garage in Birdwell(still in touch)

My Uncle had Owlerton Green Garage and the car spares opposite. He lived in Sheffield for a while but then moved away to Spain. Are we related ???

My Uncle had Owlerton Green Garage and the car spares opposite. He lived in Sheffield for a while but then moved away to Spain. Are we related ???

Hi dont think we will be related,my mum put the garages into voluntary receivership in late 1972 is this when your uncle had it?I really cant remember how long it remained a garage but its certainly gone now as is the pub opposite!!progress???????

I certainly remember Owlerton Green Garage If I am not mistaken your dad was average size chap and I think he had a thin pencil type moustache and always wore a brown smock (grease stained of course) Yes that was Collin

I usen to drive an eight Wheel Lorry and used to fill up with Diesel two or three times a week and block the whole forcourt in doing so. 60 to 70 gallons took a long time to go That would be about 1954 Yea,I remember Colin , Nice bloke he was

A bit more about Owlerton Green Garage and the scrap yard opposite I do beleive when the garage closed down,the scrap yard took over as an extension of there operations I never remember them selling petrol They bought Cortina from me for wrecking

Yes you are right - once my Uncle took over ownership petrol was never on sale it was basically a scrap merchants and second hand parts - he would buy old cars, take the parts he could re-sell and then scrap the rest with Brammalls. Everything smelt of Oil and the floor was always thick with oil.

I certainly remember Owlerton Green Garage If I am not mistaken your dad was average size chap and I think he had a thin pencil type moustache and always wore a brown smock (grease stained of course) Yes that was Collin

I usen to drive an eight Wheel Lorry and used to fill up with Diesel two or three times a week and block the whole forcourt in doing so. 60 to 70 gallons took a long time to go That would be about 1954 Yea,I remember Colin , Nice bloke he was

Thanks for that,sadly as I was so young when he died I havent many memories of him but I have a large b/w photo hanging on my wall and youve just described it!!!!many thanks.:)

i used to work for your mum and dad at owlerton green garage. used to do the accounts. you dad was a really lovely guy to work for. after his funeral carol and myself looked after you and your brother for a while.

Just spoke to my dad about this subject, he say's his dad ( my late grandad ) bought a door for a Morris Traveller there and the garage was somewhere are the KFC site:confused:

Just wondered if anyone on here remembers my dads garages?He had a small workshop with offices and fuel pumps opposite the sportsman pub,it was called"Owlerton green garage" he also had a larger one with spray shop and showroom called"Carmiles" just up from wednesday's ground,he had"BMC"Franchise and I remember morris oxfords and the like being in the showroom,my dad died suddenly in 1966 at an early age but my mum ran both garages until 1972,both places are gone now,would love to hear if any older users remember,I do remember at carmiles the paintsprayer was called Ernest siddall and the foreman mechanic was Terry bell,also a stores man Ron bingham.My dad had a great freind in Ron johnson who had a garage in Birdwell(still in touch)

terry bell' i wonder if it is the same terry bell i worked with in the early 90's at eric steads rover dealers in ecclesfield, he has retired now, he was about 6ft tall with dark hair slim. can you remember anything more about him??

i used to work for your mum and dad at owlerton green garage. used to do the accounts. you dad was a really lovely guy to work for. after his funeral carol and myself looked after you and your brother for a while.

Hi June,just spoken to my brother David and we do remember you and Carol looking after us,I remember the day my dad died we were waiting for my mum to come back from hospital and there were two girls there then would that be Carol and you?I was only 9 so the memories are a little vague!!

terry bell' i wonder if it is the same terry bell i worked with in the early 90's at eric steads rover dealers in ecclesfield, he has retired now, he was about 6ft tall with dark hair slim. can you remember anything more about him??

Hi from your description I would say its the same chap,I remember him being very tall and a six footer in the sixties was pretty tall!!I remember him as a nice guy,he trained my elder brother David as an apprentice.I also remember my mum saying how good he was just after my dad died with running the workshop etc.