Old public house

Yes that's what I was trying to say sorry - maybe ive gotten the names mixed up but the picture you've posted was definitely the freedom.

It can't be unless there were 3 freedoms! :hihi:

It can't be unless there were 3 freedoms! :hihi:

sure it was the montgomery played them in the tetly's league.funny i only went in that once but can picture it now, and another thing i said something this morning it's like a dram shop, so different pub rooms there used to be like dram shop,snug,best room. games room,darts room, tap room, another was to say the name of the land lord, like going in't harvey floods, elliot's,gillcrist. only know one by it's pub name,

Edited by willybite

sure it was the montgomery played them in the tetly's league.funny i only went in that once but can picture it now, and another thing i said something this morning it's like a dram shop, so different pub rooms there used to be like dram shop,snug,best room. games room,darts room, tap room,

That doesn't show up in my Sheffield Pub guide :huh:

Perhaps it wasn't a pub afterall. Jaffa says he remembers it as an offy.

Looks quite like a pub though!

What was the pub called at the bottom of Granville Road,Queens Road,and St Marys Road.It was not The Truro,or The Royal Standard.It was brick pub,and has been gone for a long time now.It's just one of those names that we cannot remember.
of

---------------

HI Eccoray, I remember a pub called the Granville corner of

Suffolk rd and bottom of granville rd in the 60s, when it was knocked

down they built a car show room opposite the old goods yards.

That doesn't show up in my Sheffield Pub guide :huh:

Perhaps it wasn't a pub afterall. Jaffa says he remembers it as an offy.

Looks quite like a pub though!

You're right ash it does look like it was once a pub but i've just been looking through the old Kelly's Street directory and in 1879 number 386 South Road was Hezekiah Kersey a provision dealer. In 1911 Mr Rowland Hill grocer.

None of the books of Sheffield pubs have it down as a pub.

What was the pub called at the bottom of Granville Road,Queens Road,and St Marys Road.It was not The Truro,or The Royal Standard.It was brick pub,and has been gone for a long time now.It's just one of those names that we cannot remember.

This pub was the Montgomery, it's top floor was blown off by a bomb during the war and it was a Tetleys house.

No, not the Palm, I know that is still open. At the top of the hill, I noticed a beer sign on the wall - see link - Looks like it must have been a pub to have that on wall.

It actually used to be a shop / off licence.

You're right ash it does look like it was once a pub but i've just been looking through the old Kelly's Street directory and in 1879 number 386 South Road was Hezekiah Kersey a provision dealer. In 1911 Mr Rowland Hill grocer.

None of the books of Sheffield pubs have it down as a pub.

It actually used to be a shop / off licence.

:thumbsup: