Anyone remember my dad's garages?

you are not kidding about memories. phoned carol today left message for her to ring me. no need at all to say thanks would have done anything for your dad. do you remember tony crowther, leon hayes and mrs revill the typist at that time. Mr wise used to look after carmyles cannot remember if he was your mums uncle or yours. i have 4 grandchildren too. god aren't we getting old. keep in touch. june

My Uncle had Owlerton Green Garage and the car spares opposite. He lived in Sheffield for a while but then moved away to Spain. Are we related ???

Bob Jepson? - lived at Ecclesfield.

I was an apprentice with Bill Buckley at Cambridge garage, leased by your father for a while. When he gave that up we we went to Carmyles, Harry Wise was the manager, Gerry Royle was one mechanic I remember. Didn't you have an uncle who was also a mechanic there off and on, was he called Doug?

I was also drafted in as labourer when you moved house, I think to Lodge Moor, in the mid sixties, Didn't your mother have a cafe opposite the hospital after she gave up the garages, or was that a rumour?

I was an apprentice with Bill Buckley at Cambridge garage, leased by your father for a while. When he gave that up we we went to Carmyles, Harry Wise was the manager, Gerry Royle was one mechanic I remember. Didn't you have an uncle who was also a mechanic there off and on, was he called Doug?

I was also drafted in as labourer when you moved house, I think to Lodge Moor, in the mid sixties, Didn't your mother have a cafe opposite the hospital after she gave up the garages, or was that a rumour?

Yes my uncle Douglas(dads brother)helped out a bit,Harry wyse was my mums uncle came down from scotland,my mum did have lodge moor cafe in the early 70s but she returned to the motor trade after a couple of years,when we moved over to preston in 75 my mum became an accountant book keeper for a solicitor until she retired aged 74!!sadly she now resides in a 24 hour care home suffering from altziemers,I cared for her for 3 years but it became too much for me.Colin.

I remember your David from Birley Rise road when you lived at the top next to the steel holding place.We used to have lots of fun on back edge and the fields roundabout.There used to be me Phil Cooper,Paul Noyland ,Dave Kerry Phil Cotterill Max Bellamy ,Linda Revill and Rita Noyland .Don't know if any of these names ring a bell.

That's right - should I know you ??

I lived in Dutton Road in my teens and had a Standard 8 which was serviced at the Owlerton Green Garage. I was so impressed by a Citreon Car in the garage, the model that raised up at the back when the engine was switched on. I remember when I had just passed my driving test a niave 17 year old girl and thought I had broken down - I went to the garage and they said it helped if I put in some petrol - they were always so kind to me - I had such a thrill when I was given a ride back home in this car. My dad´s friend was Sid Softley who lived opposite the Crown Pub and the Church. He used to deliver milk in a wheelbarrow which he would push all the way to Wadsley Bridge. He used to let me garage my car in one of his barns.

i was with bob jepson and his son wayne last week in spain he is selling up and moving to thialand,wants wayne to go too but hes not sure ,i remeber when he had owlerton green.

what a suprise

I also live on the Costa Blanca in Spain

Has anyone any idea of Bob Jepsons address or contact numbers in Thailand.

I live here also and I think not too far from him.