Owners occupiers mandale house flats

I own and rent out an apartment in mandale house I am disatisfied with the management and the increasing fees would like to hear from other disatisfied owners ,l can only visit the block a couple of times a year on my last visit April the tiles on the front were missing the front looked a mess. I dont know any other owners .If anyone has set up an owner occupiers group or interested in somthing like please reply.

Edited by larkrise
gramma

How many flats are in the block? Maybe the leaseholders should consider collective action, e.g.:

a. Right To Manage; or

b. Right To Enfranchise.

Is there a Residents' Management Company? If so the directors can simply appoint a new agent.

If the management is carried out by the landlord or an agent acting on his behalf, Right to Manage is the best way forward. I have arranged this process for the leaseholders of several developments. See the website of the Leasehold Advisory Service for more information. Let me know if I can assist.

Is there a Residents' Management Company? If so the directors can simply appoint a new agent.

Not unless that Company already has management powers by virtue of:

a. the lease being tripartite; or

b. the lessor having devolved them formally; or

c. RTM.

Not unless that Company already has management powers by virtue of:

a. the lease being tripartite; or

b. the lessor having devolved them formally; or

c. RTM.

But if at least one of those didn't apply it wouldn't be a RMC, it would be a Residents' Association or similar group.

I own and rent out an apartment in mandale house I am disatisfied with the management and the increasing fees would like to hear from other disatisfied owners ,l can only visit the block a couple of times a year on my last visit April the tiles on the front were missing he front looked a mess. I dont know any other owner .If anyone has set up an owner occupiers group or interested in somthing like please reply.

There was a notice up a couple of months back asking for owners to back a vote to get rid of Y and Y but unfortunately I don't have the details anymore. They had a specailly set up email address so why not try a mailshot round the flats?

But if at least one of those didn't apply it wouldn't be a RMC, it would be a Residents' Association or similar group.

You probably meant "But unless one of those applies..."

Yes, there might be an RMC- but often people use the phrase Residents' Management Company in a rather looser sense.

still want to hear from owner occuppiers of mandale house bailey street

Are you still waiting to hear from any resident owner of Mandale House. I have sent you a Private Message with the email ID where you can contact to the people of Mandale House

still want to hear from owner occuppiers of mandale house bailey street

Just moved in at Mandale House. If you send me a private message I will forward you my email address. Unfortunately I have to post 5 times in order to send a private message on here!

Peter

Are you still waiting to hear from any resident owner of Mandale House. I have sent you a Private Message with the email ID where you can contact to the people of Mandale House

[email protected]

is the address on the notices in the lobby. Should be like minded folk there

Private rented housing soon falls into disrepair.

When you have no security of tenure, and the rents are high, you don't plan on staying long, you ignore the damage, and so does your landlord, he cares only about rent extraction. You might even smear your own excrement on the walls in a dirty protest at your slum like tenement housing conditions.

That's life.