Any one used First Choice Facias

Hi all

As the above title says. Has any one used this company for roofline replacements on thier homes? Had a flyer though the door yesterday, and the price quoted was lower than any i had previously had.

Just finding it hard to see any other job referances from houses they have done.

Thanks

Never heard of them?? There could be a difference in price if they strip completely or simply over clad the cost of fascia can half if they fit 9mm instead of 18mm. We did a large house in dore off ladders a friend of mine did one in fulwood and charged over double what we did but they did use scaffold. I suppose you need to get them to quote the same 18mm fascia both either scaffold or both ladders as scaffold can cost 300-2000 depending on house size. Hope this helps

i assume the price on the leaflet would have said from £x or did they go round to the back of your property withoutyour permission? or as the above post says they wont be including scaffolding or it might be a clad over job

or it just might be to get you to ring them??? and then say it doesnt include the above

try http://www.rhidevelopments.co.uk - and you can get an online price or phone 01709546603 and we can quote you and then give you local jobs to look at

The leaflet just gave a total price. No hidden extras.

I don't have it with me at moment. So I can't

Quote word for word what you get. Though it

Did include the scaffold. That's why I was hoping

Someone else on the forum had used them.

Needless to say I have phoned them, see what will happen come

Thursday.

Again, never heard of them.

You'd be much better getting someone with a good recommendation from either a friend or from here.

Hi all

As the above title says. Has any one used this company for roofline replacements on thier homes? Had a flyer though the door yesterday, and the price quoted was lower than any i had previously had.

Just finding it hard to see any other job referances from houses they have done.

Thanks

Hiya

Just wondering if you had gone ahead with work with these guys? I'm in same situation now as I need my soffits and fascias replacing, but I can't seem to find any reviews by anyone who has used them....

Any body used first choice fascias?Got a leaflet through door and price is really good. Can't seem to find anything online about workmanship, do have a website wwww.first choice fascias.com and it looks genuine.

Any body used first choice fascias?Got a leaflet through door and price is really good. Can't seem to find anything online about workmanship, do have a website wwww.first choice fascias.com and it looks genuine.

Looks like there based in Birmingham. Why would a company want to travel 2 hours each way for a days work?

Yeah, seems a little strange to me. I'd advise never to use someone without any knowledge of their work or history.

It might make it harder for new starters but it the only way to be safe these days.

As i post watching 2 comics doing a cladding job off a ladder. Not even taken gutter and brackets of you got to laugh, They are in an old brown estate car . Bet they are fairly cheap . IN S13 if you want to ask for a good cheap price. :hihi::hihi: Do you realy want this plenty of sheffield firms do you a good job who are not cowboys shop around . I had mine done by Global not cladded but old took off and new gutters good price / good job / 10 yrs guarantee //KEEP away from cladding its cheap and nasty. Shop around get 3 quotes. :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 20-06-2014 at 11:07 ----------

The leaflet just gave a total price. No hidden extras.

I don't have it with me at moment. So I can't

Quote word for word what you get. Though it

Did include the scaffold. That's why I was hoping

Someone else on the forum had used them.

Needless to say I have phoned them, see what will happen come

Thursday.

Just because they say includes scaffold means nothing./ they may just put 1 tower up and use ladders . :hihi:

A couple of months ago after a flyer was pushed through our letterbox, I tried to get a local firm to come and give us a quote for Soffits and Fascias and they refused to come out unless we would guarantee both my wife and I were going to be present ; they wont be getting any business.

I would be keen to see if any forum members are able to recommend soffit / fascia / guttering companies with whom they have personal experience.

I have used First Choice Fascias. They appear to have done a reasonable job at what seemed a good price to me. I did not get any other quotes but I don't think I could have had the original wooden fascias repaired and painted for less. They worked off ladders and platforms on ladder jacks so they could span areas over a conservatory, for example. They left everywhere tidy and the house looks lovely. I do have some complaints. They have left a wire to an outside light running along in a gutter and then across the fascia, which looks shoddy and unprofessional. They have also put one downpipe the wrong way round so the makers lettering on the pipe shows to the front of the house. I have reported these faults but they have failed to return. Would I use them again? Yes but I wouldn't pay them until I was completely satisfied.