Kier - Problems?

Does anyone else think Kier are getting very heavy handed, rude, and down right offensive. After years of them coming unannounced and expecting admittance to my house I now insist on them making an appointment.

I was at home waiting for Kier to do there annual Gas check, and went into the kitchen to make a cup of tea, and low and behold there was this card sticking through the letter box " We called today etc. they never even knocked on the door, but what annoys me most is the card also reads " To stop legal proceedings you must contact us immediately " clearly a threat

Like the letter I had from them asking me to make an appointment which states " do not ignore this letter - your home is at risk if you do"

I'm almost 60 years old and don't need this kind of threat/abuse.

Kier (or some employee's of Kier) are incredibly rude, sarcastic and unprofessional in my experience, I absolutely dread repairs or gas checks by them, the last one that came to repair my fire sat on the hearth and his language was terrible (his mobile kept ringing) also I never had the repair finished.

They really do need to look at the behaviour/attitude of the people they employ.

Kier are truly terrible but they have another bad outfit hot on their tail in the shape of Frank Haslam Milan ltd.

Does anyone else think Kier are getting very heavy handed, rude, and down right offensive. After years of them coming unannounced and expecting admittance to my house I now insist on them making an appointment.

I was at home waiting for Kier to do there annual Gas check, and went into the kitchen to make a cup of tea, and low and behold there was this card sticking through the letter box " We called today etc. they never even knocked on the door, but what annoys me most is the card also reads " To stop legal proceedings you must contact us immediately " clearly a threat

Like the letter I had from them asking me to make an appointment which states " do not ignore this letter - your home is at risk if you do"

They are not being heavy handed with the notice, the council as landlords of the property you live in have a legal obligation to check your gas appliances every 12 months. If they do not and something happened, such as a carbon monoxide leak etc and you died they'd face corporate manslaughter charges.

The legal action they speak of is to gain access

to your property if you persistantly are not available for appointments or to let them perform their duties.

With regards to them not knocking on the door etc you need to let them know. If you were only in the kitchen for a few minutes you'd have thought you'd have heard them. They may have only been outside in the van, did you have a look for them?

Kier are truly terrible but they have another bad outfit hot on their tail in the shape of Frank Haslam Milan ltd.

You are not wrong there either, it has been my recent misfortune to have to deal with them as well, perhaps being ignorant and useless is something the council write into their employee's contracts :rolleyes:

You are not wrong there either, it has been my recent misfortune to have to deal with them as well, perhaps being ignorant and useless is something the council write into their employee's contracts :rolleyes:

Surely the name of the compaines mentioned gives it a way a bit that they are not council employees so how could they write it I to employees contracts.

Its the price that We have to pay for getting rid of SWD and putting all work out to tender with profiteering faceless companies.. :(:(

I have kier coming to completely replaster my living room after an 18 month battle with sanctuary after a leak in one of their homes damaged mine which is private.

They better do a good job as they'll keep coming back everytime till they do

Most of them are to be honest - i switched from Kier years ago - but they are all as bad as each other.

Its for your own safety eg it needs testing or it could be unsafe.I had one in my flat and if i was to start using it before it was checked they could stop me moving into the house.Whats wrong with that?

Personally, i cant understand why anyone is complaining.I have just got a flat and they came on time for electric and gas checks.I needed a wall patching up with plaster and it ended up being the whole wall and they did it there and then, as carpets are going down this wkend, they didnt have to do it but they did and an excellent job too and friendly.Maybe i just got lucky, it was all sorted out within a week of the complaint.

Its for your own safety eg it needs testing or it could be unsafe.I had one in my flat and if i was to start using it before it was checked they could stop me moving into the house.Whats wrong with that?

Threatening leagal action is usually the final step in the process, not the first.