Slopdosh Bobbar & Ivan Crump

Anyone remember these guys? I still have a tape by them called 'two cartons of youghurt and a trumpet'. Its from about 1988/89....they were definately different. I hear they were popular around Sheffield? Any info would be much appreciated.

Mick Smith, their singer/songwriter, is an old mate of mine, Havent seen him in a while, but last time I bumped into him on the moor hed just packed in another band of his (fanny batter and the fur burgers) and was starting with a new one, the car-painters (we dont make furniture, we paint cars). Dont know if theyve started playing live yet, he was looking for a drummer.

I spoke to someone today about the band and she said she had seen them a couple of times, she said they were all a bit mental, didn't they all share a house? I like the song 'Gerald the Horse' whoever wrote that needs an award its a classic

Originally posted by slh73

Mick Smith, their singer/songwriter, is an old mate of mine, Havent seen him in a while, but last time I bumped into him on the moor hed just packed in another band of his (fanny batter and the fur burgers)

Was he also in Doobree Furkin And The Battered Fur Burger band?

Saw 'em at the George IV in about 1987. Mental indeed.

And there was that other finely named Sheffield band around then - The F**k City S**tters.

Nice.

Ah yes, wasn't the FCS fronted by a chap called Pete, I got one of their ep's. Remember GGF as well?

I saw Slopdosh at the Hallamshire and Take Two

Mick used to work the door at Take Two, back in the days of Slopdosh. Keep an eye open for him around town, hes a difficult bloke to miss. 6'10", shaved head, fair few facial piercings, the words "RAMONES" and "CICCONE" tattooed in heavy black block letters down each forearm, and a tattoo of a bottle of hendersons relish that stretches from his ankle to his knee. Top bloke.

and a tattoo of a bottle of hendersons relish that stretches from his ankle to his knee. Top bloke.

LOL!! :lol:

Mick used to work the door at Take Two, back in the days of Slopdosh. Keep an eye open for him around town, hes a difficult bloke to miss. 6'10", shaved head, fair few facial piercings, the words "RAMONES" and "CICCONE" tattooed in heavy black block letters down each forearm, and a tattoo of a bottle of hendersons relish that stretches from his ankle to his knee. Top bloke.

I have it on good authority the MS NEVER worked on the door of T2 nor ANY door for that matter, but it was however the Bass player Tommy who worked there. Maybe I should conduct my research with those who actually know eh? Thanks anyway.

I have it on good authority the MS NEVER worked on the door of T2 nor ANY door for that matter, but it was however the Bass player Tommy who worked there. Maybe I should conduct my research with those who actually know eh? Thanks anyway.

Fair enough, Im only going on stories told to me by Mick. I do know the bloke, I havent seen him in a while. Used to use the same tattoo/piercing studio as him (Designer Skin, West Bar, now closed down)..Can even give you an address if you want to get in touch with him...he lives in Greenhill.

Also:

Anyone remember these guys? I still have a tape by them called 'two cartons of youghurt and a trumpet'. Its from about 1988/89....they were definately different. I hear they were popular around Sheffield? Any info would be much appreciated.

Any info will be much appreciated? Maybe Ill keep any other info I have for someone who does appreciate it next time. ******.

Your information is warmly recieved. Any information on the band should be very interesting... maybe a biog....band members (and what they are doing now etc?).

I would still like to know who is credited for writing GERALD THE HORSE?

Thanks

slopdosh used to be doobrie firkin and the battered fir burgers. they played some dolebusters gigs mid-eighties, some with trolley dog shag starring steve mackie, later of pulp.

i still know mixmiff the singer... i was their drummer (the car-painters) for a few rehearsals at the end of 2001.

i also played for the f*** city sh**ters from 1986 to 1990 (mentioned in this thread) and ggf, maniac, slbc, pasc and others