Maybots dream of a space programme.

I will say this for May space is the limit cost no problem along with the train set dream I thought the country was broke every penny counted.

But in the planned Queens Speech are plans for a space development an idea nicked off UKIP who wanted to mine space for a profit. Has May been watching too many Star Trek's it costs America millions of Dollars each year for its space programme which always comes under fire from the Republicans over the cost of it.

Let's see if this happens perhaps we will see where no Tory has gone before.

To Infinity and Beyond!

Keep an eye on India and possible colloboration with the UK on space.

Both India and the UK are looking to reduce their reliance on ESA.

maybe india will be sending us some relief money to help us cope?

maybe india will be sending us some relief money to help us cope?

It's easy to joke but the economies of the developing world have already dwarfed EU28 and are growing at rates that we could only dream of.

It's easy to joke but the economies of the developing world have already dwarfed EU28 and are growing at rates that we could only dream of.

indeed and we're going backwards to the victorian era Oo

I can see her now, "You will now service us. Resistance is futile"

we will have a strong and stable space programme Oo

'Brexiteer in shock after realising more people do matter in global economy.':help:

Hard to imagine now, but after the war, Britain was the leading nation in the space race with much innovation, research and development going on, and with some of the best brains in the business.

I wonder where it all went wrong...?

Hard to imagine now, but after the war, Britain was the leading nation in the space race with much innovation, research and development going on, and with some of the best brains in the business.

We still do lots of space related stuff..to the tune of about £12 billion a year...

"Britain’s space companies have11.2pc of the operations market for space vehicles, and 10.3pc of the applications market for the services and data provided by satellites.

Overall this means the UK has 6.3pc and 7.7pc of the global space industry’s annual turnover, which is estimated at about £160bn a year."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/engineering/11734494/UK-space-industry-punching-above-its-weight-in-the-global-market.html

Was it something to do with an act that the US invoked at the start of the cold war to not share rocket secrets (rockets being the delivery method of nuclear weapons) with any other nation? The US and Russians pinched the best German scientists.

---------- Post added 21-06-2017 at 10:05 ----------

The report found that the overall UK space economy had a turnover of £11.8bn in 2012-13, and employed more than 35,000 people. Britain is a world-leader in the manufacture of small satellites

MPs demand more ambitious space programme and increased ‘home-grown’ technologies to help satellite industry

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/space-programme-exploration-home-growntechnologies-satellite-industry-a7082571.html

I don't see a problem if the investment pays off.

Edited by alchresearch