Looking to buy house in family area with good schools

Hi

We're looking to move to Sheffield (west - ish ) and don't know the area at all.

Looking to buy a 4 bed house (approx 300-400k) with off road parking and outdoor space for the children.

Main priority is good primary and secondary schools and a family friendly area.

Would be nice to have a park or space nearby within walking distance for the children.

I would be most grateful for your time on any tips.

I keep checking right move, but not knowing the area makes it hard.

Thank you very much in advance.

:)

S

Hi

We're looking to move to Sheffield (west - ish ) and don't know the area at all.

Looking to buy a 4 bed house (approx 300-400k) with off road parking and outdoor space for the children.

Main priority is good primary and secondary schools and a family friendly area.

Would be nice to have a park or space nearby within walking distance for the children.

I would be most grateful for your time on any tips.

I keep checking right move, but not knowing the area makes it hard.

Thank you very much in advance.

:)

S

Ecclesall, Fulwood, Ranmoor, Greystones, Bents Green, Millhouses...all in SW Sheffield, in the catchment for good schools and you should fine something in your price range. Not far from the city centre and not far from the Peak District.

Child friendly parks, Millhouses Park, Endcliffe Park and Bingham Park nearby.

Edited by Bargepole23

You couldn't do much better than Stannington. This house is within walking distance of a primary school, an extensive park, The Peak District National Park and is certainly a family friendly area.

Spout Copse

You couldn't do much better than Stannington. This house is within walking distance of a primary school, an extensive park, The Peak District National Park and is certainly a family friendly area.

Spout Copse

But Stannington feeds to Forge Valley Secondary which has been in special measures for years so in terms of secondary education which the OP was interested in it's not really suitable.

Spout Copse

I think you could....

But Stannington feeds to Forge Valley Secondary which has been in special measures for years so in terms of secondary education which the OP was interested in it's not really suitable.

It's now an Academy school, part of Tapton Academy Trust and briefly went into special measures in 2014 following a questionable Ofsted report having been outstanding prior to this.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 14:18 ----------

I think you could....

That's what we admire on the forum, a reasoned argument put forward with alternatives and facts. :rolleyes:

School wise, Any where in the catchment area of King Edward V11 Glossop Rd.

Hi,

Here is a good family home, in a family neighbourhoold next to Bingham Park and with good schools, though I believe the secondary is High Storrs - a good school but I would prefer Silverdale: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-47925471.html

The best schools are to be found in S10 and S11, house prices are accordingly high. Good luck with your search.

Hogg

It's now an Academy school, part of Tapton Academy Trust and briefly went into special measures in 2014 following a questionable Ofsted report having been outstanding prior to this.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 14:18 ----------

That's what we admire on the forum, a reasoned argument put forward with alternatives and facts. :rolleyes:

I've already put forward my suggestions. Post number 2.

Thank you for all your help.